Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any experience with these. was planning on buying these because i want a more stiff suspension rather than ride smoothness. anyone recomend any other coilovers rather than these? dont wanna really go over budget.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
simonkim said:
does anyone have any experience with these. was planning on buying these because i want a more stiff suspension rather than ride smoothness. anyone recomend any other coilovers rather than these? dont wanna really go over budget.

what is your budget? what do you plan on doing w/ the car?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Re: Re: progress coilovers

temp said:
what is your budget? what do you plan on doing w/ the car?
and

why not save a bit more cash for some tein or jic magic full coilovers? :D

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Targa250R said:
Tein SS are for pussies, us real hardcore guys go for spring rates stiffer than 448f/224r :p

yes because 448f is soooooooo soft.....BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
temp said:
yes because 448f is soooooooo soft.....BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......
Well it's softer than 550f/500r :D

Then again, I may need a kidney transplant after a year of daily driving 500+ lb-in spring rates . . .

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
simonkim said:
Back on topic. Progress coilovers are good, but what bugs me is that I can't find their actual spring rates listed anywhere. You may want to send them an e-mail and ask what their rates are.

I would also recommed Ground Control coilover sleeves with custom rates and Koni yellow struts. :tu2:

Or as the others mentioned before, you could go with Tein, JIC, or some of the other JDM bling brands.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Targa250R said:
Back on topic. Progress coilovers are good, but what bugs me is that I can't find their actual spring rates listed anywhere. You may want to send them an e-mail and ask what their rates are.

I would also recommed Ground Control coilover sleeves with custom rates and Koni yellow struts. :tu2:

Or as the others mentioned before, you could go with Tein, JIC, or some of the other JDM bling brands.

i believe their rates are somewhere around 400/300, ground control also makes a koni full coilover conversion now, which gives you the same adjustability as the TEIN setup w/o the price......

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
temp said:
i believe their rates are somewhere around 400/300, ground control also makes a koni full coilover conversion now, which gives you the same adjustability as the TEIN setup w/o the price......
Found the G6 Civic rates here. 350f/250r. Comparable to Ground Control's default rates. I wonder if you can get custom spring rates from Progress?

That is why I love Ground Controls - if you are unsatisfied with your spring rates, just call up and order a set of Eibach ERS springs with a different rate and swap them out.

I think I am going to go with that GC "complete coilover" kit for my Rex - it's the same price as the regular GC sleeve kit, once you figure in the $40 Koni adapters for the regular kit. Looks like it basically turns a Koni yellow into a complete threaded-body strut. You still don't get the double-adjustability of the Tein SS damper though - Koni yellows are only single-adjustable (rebound) as they come off the shelf. I think they can be revalved to make them double-adjustable (rebound and compression) somehow though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
man you just missed out I had a set of Progress full coilovers with only 6k miles on them for sale for $550 shipped. I just needed money cause I sold my hatch and am tryin to get a downpayment for a crv but I sold them while this site was down. I like them a lot but other people suggest other brands like tein and jic etc... not really sure why because I dont have any experience with them but its supposedly the way to go now.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Targa250R said:
Found the G6 Civic rates here. 350f/250r. Comparable to Ground Control's default rates. I wonder if you can get custom spring rates from Progress?

That is why I love Ground Controls - if you are unsatisfied with your spring rates, just call up and order a set of Eibach ERS springs with a different rate and swap them out.

I think I am going to go with that GC "complete coilover" kit for my Rex - it's the same price as the regular GC sleeve kit, once you figure in the $40 Koni adapters for the regular kit. Looks like it basically turns a Koni yellow into a complete threaded-body strut. You still don't get the double-adjustability of the Tein SS damper though - Koni yellows are only single-adjustable (rebound) as they come off the shelf. I think they can be revalved to make them double-adjustable (rebound and compression) somehow though.
i am sure you can get stiffer springs from them, they would be seriously uncompetitive if you could not, but thank you for the spring rate info from them, but do not forget that now ground control makes a koni shock coilover conversion kit, so you could buy the normal kit w/ the adaptors or the new kit w/o them, here are pix

here is the normal kit

and here is the new koni special kit

and here is what ground control says about this koni kit

"This is a very special kit for certain Koni shocks. Converts a Koni Sport to be a complete coil-over. If you want a complete threaded body shock, the most important thing is: Who made the guts for that shock? Koni makes an excellent shock."

they also have these

for konis and they say this

"Specially made for Koni shocks, This is a kit that mounts DIRECTLY to the snap ring on the Koni shock. Very popular with Autocrossers. very slick. We also rebuild and revalve Koni shocks in our shock department."

all the same price

1 - 17 of 17 Posts