greddy catch can
ferrea valves
ferrea valve train titanium ret.
stock cams
manual tensioner converson
act clutch
fidanza lightwieght flywheel
an the finally !!!!! a GARRET T/60-1 TURBO :giggle :D
And this will be happening when? Let's see... T-60 turbo, but stock cams? I'd say go with a smaller turbo and some custom grind cams. You'd be laggy as hell with a T-60... not to mention the H22 is notorious for vomiting up pistons and rods under high boost...

Also... why build a Turbo JDM H22? If you have an H22 already, then don't waste your money swapping your motor... they're virtually the same, and there's no difference if you're building it anyway. I'd go with the H23 for boost anyway...

~Peace

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
O

IHIPrelude94 said:
And this will be happening when? Let's see... T-60 turbo, but stock cams? I'd say go with a smaller turbo and some custom grind cams. You'd be laggy as hell with a T-60... not to mention the H22 is notorious for vomiting up pistons and rods under high boost...

Also... why build a Turbo JDM H22? If you have an H22 already, then don't waste your money swapping your motor... they're virtually the same, and there's no difference if you're building it anyway. I'd go with the H23 for boost anyway...

~Peace
BUT WHY NOT WHEN THE SHOP IS SPONSERING YOU AND SAY HEAR HEARS A BUILT JDM ENGINE LETS PUT TURBO ON IT AN HAVE FUN AN PUT ARE NAME OUT THERE. :D

·
Registered
699 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:

~Peace
who said the h22 is notorious for killing pistons and rods?
-- answer--
a)The people who let someone who doesnt know what they are doing build their engine.
b) The people who don't realize how important tuning is.

Given to the right people, the h22 vtec turbo will always be > h23 nonvtec turbo.
who said he already had an h22?

obviously what you want, isnt what he wants :rolleyes

·
Registered
866 Posts
IHIPrelude94 said:

~Peace
I don't know one person that is turbo and running non-stock H22 cams. So far I havn't heard of one turbo cam that actually makes good power.

Prehaps he's swapping his motor out to elimate downtime. He could have picked out a cheap JDM H22 off ebay or something.

And the only thing I know the H22 is notorious for doing under boost is breaking ringlands. A built engine such as this should have no trouble with that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANK U

unaTEINable said:
I don't know one person that is turbo and running non-stock H22 cams. So far I havn't heard of one turbo cam that actually makes good power.

Prehaps he's swapping his motor out to elimate downtime. He could have picked out a cheap JDM H22 off ebay or something.

And the only thing I know the H22 is notorious for doing under boost is breaking ringlands. A built engine such as this should have no trouble with that.
Well theres a guy i no thats go 500hp on his got the same setup as me but bigger turbo an hes go stock cams an clams he has had no problems out of the setup an no i got my block straight from fullrace it aint cheap!! i promise :lmao

1 - 7 of 7 Posts