Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Project Civic dyno results

3K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  st00pid 
st00pid said:

the car was running quite rich and we had very little timing in the program. If we had bigger injectors we could push it a bit farther.

jason
Get it running Stoich and you will tap out more HP! Good luck and keep us posted!

correct, that is the exact center of Stoich, but there is a range between lean and rich this is shown in the ranges below

LEAN RANGE: (.050 to .249V)
STOICHIOMETRIC RANGE: (.250 to .749V)
RICH RANGE: (.750 to 1.000V)

For engine safety leave at 14.7 or higher, a rich running engine while not as powerful is less prone to detonation and internal damage, for more power back down to the high side of Stoich and just keep an eye on EGR and Knock sensors.

Worry about motor trouble..hehe...I had my datalogger in route, in the mail to arrive in a day or two, Tried adjusting my HKS Super AFR with just an AFR meter....Boosted too high and blew my head gasket on the front bank and cracked off the piston crown on piston 6 on the rear bank, which then traveled in peices all over, destroying the valves and the like..

Hence the $10,000 rebuild (this includes the new TEC 17G's) and it will all be back in in a week or two..

So you do Speak the truth. I ran WAY to hot, to lean and as the Piston attested to-Detonated to hell....But it was fun...

Oh, THat was 4 hard 1/4 mile runs back to back with no cool down...and TINY factory 9b turbos which heat up easily even with twin intercoolers. Only using Gtech meter but that showed (i know it aint dead on accurate) 0-60 4.8 and 1/4 12.6 @117mph.

With the new setup we are shooting for high 10's low 11's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.