Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so as I near the end of my Del Sol's building, I will have a street car and be picking up a RWD (Prolly an MX-5 or S13) But I need to know a good tire for agressive driving. I have read propoganda about both the Toyo brand and Yakohama brand, and after I write this, will be reading about the Falken brand. Would Any of you, by chance, have tried a few different tires or can give me a good run down of good agressive driving tires I can throw on my Sol? (If you are going to be sarcastic like the few who have in my previous posts, save your breath, and I will find mature answers. Thank you)

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
try the new azenis sport rt-615. i hear they are awsome.... sorry i havent officially tested this.

the old azenis sport rt-215 is a great tire for the dollar. it even works well in rain.

i dont like toyo because i find their sidewalls to be softer than i prefer.

the bridgestone potenza s-03 poll positions i found to be pretty damn grippy, and farely forgiving.

a lot of dunlop tires like the sp-9000 are forgiving as well, but i dont think i'd buy them again.

cant go wrong with hoosier, just be sure to rake the wheels off a bit after it heats up. or else rocks and grit will stick into them...

·
Registered
451 Posts
I can vouch personaly, for the Falken Aziens, awesome grip but a short lifespan overall. Excellent in wet conditions too.
I had potenza's before that however had a tire blow out on my way back from atlanta one day and after cutting through three lanes on the freeway I wont ever run more Potenzas

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the info. The tire span is of concern yes, But you have to remember that I am going to build I drift car, (Falkens morst likely or Yokohamas) <-- will try both.

But for my Sol, I will need reliability with good grip, good forgiveness, and relitively fair cost (IE $100-$125 a tire)

Thanks again everyone and I shall run some test on them. ^_^

·
Mowing ur Mom's lawn
2,885 Posts
i had the FZ4's on my old rota's and loved them except for fast braking, they seemed to lock up and slide a lot quicker than most tires, it scared me a couple of times.

I'm deff. going with the new Azenis as soon as i can get my hands on some :tu

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hmm... Azenis seem to hold a rather high regard amungs everyone. Not just this forum, my roommates forums as well, and The s13 forum I was reading. So Falken tires seem to be the choice. Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.