Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i just saw that this site is FINALLY up and running cool! so i just wanted to see how many people have the projection headlights and how i would go about putting in some BRIGHTER bulbs in the regular headlights (not high beams, those RULE!) I want it to be as bright and white as possible, can i just change bulbs or do i need to use that wiring harness for it to have a higher wattage bulb? i had the stock headlights with HYPERWHITE bulbs that were BRIGHT AS HELL! i loved those so i want to get bright again...help guys!!
if anyone has pictures of how the harness should be connected or easy step directions that would be AWESOME!!

·
Banned
593 Posts
What model do you have? I had projectors on my 97' Civic, 00' Civic and 01' Civic. These cars aren't all mine ones my brothers and ones my dads. But I've put on projectors on them. Projectors themselves are bright already because of the beam. And plus the bulb is usually a h3 bulb. You can make it brighter by changing the bulb to an aftermarket one. You don't need to change the harness since stock ones hold up very well. Unless you go crazy and put in bulbs that are more than stock wattage then you will need to upgrade the harness. The bad thing about projectors is the fitment and the pain of trying to line up the beams. I've had my projector lights aim way off that I could see signs a mile away. I'd say go get HIDs. They only cost $350 and projectors are light $200 + $20 whiter bulbs. I'd rather pay a bit more for HIDs.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have hyperwhites for brights and those are damn white. However, my right headlight is not aimed so I blind people and I lightup the road to far down :p I need to wire it so my headlights also shine with my brights on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Psyk0tic said:
What model do you have? I had projectors on my 97' Civic, 00' Civic and 01' Civic. These cars aren't all mine ones my brothers and ones my dads. But I've put on projectors on them. Projectors themselves are bright already because of the beam. And plus the bulb is usually a h3 bulb. You can make it brighter by changing the bulb to an aftermarket one. You don't need to change the harness since stock ones hold up very well. Unless you go crazy and put in bulbs that are more than stock wattage then you will need to upgrade the harness. The bad thing about projectors is the fitment and the pain of trying to line up the beams. I've had my projector lights aim way off that I could see signs a mile away. I'd say go get HIDs. They only cost $350 and projectors are light $200 + $20 whiter bulbs. I'd rather pay a bit more for HIDs.
thing is i already have the projection headlights on and they were ok to install and they are straight too:D but i just want the regular headlight bulb BRIGHTER!! what brand and part number should i get? i have the shark eyes blue ion projections for my 94 civic ex (v-tec;))

·
Banned
593 Posts
If I'm right the low beam is a h3 and high beam is h1. For the H3 try getting hiper bulbs or nokya bulbs. Razo and Piaa are also good too. Pretty much anything that has a bulb color to it will make it brighter. But there are companines that claim theirs is brighter. I have Razo magnums on my car. Though they are H4 they are very whtie and bright.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so hyper whites are good on projection? b/c like i said i had them on the stock ones and they WERE WHITE!! i loved them so i want the same brightness, the low beam is just LOW i mean it lights up the road but not nearly as much as the hyperwhites did as for the high beam that one is bright as hell and i love it (but that is all it is a HIGH beam not crusing beam:()

do you have any part numbers for them??

·
Banned
593 Posts
Sorry I don't have the part numbers. But for the low beam look into any bulb that has the h3 style. H3 is the type of bulb you want. Yeah pretty much high beam will out shine low beam easily. Is your lens clear or ion? If its ion its going to be very hard to make it bright. But if its clear just grab an H3 aftermarket bulb and your set. Check eBay they've got tons.

·
Registered
77 Posts
question 4 u guys... is there any projector headlights that are DOT approved - street legal ??? Cuz here in Vancouver import cars get pulled over for everything, and especially since two guys got killed last night street racing near my house.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It was 2 chinese guys that died, and it was the passengers b-day.
It was a new white BMW, a del sol, and a nissan sumthin and the BMW lost control and hit the traffic light pole. They havent said how fast they were goin but my geuss would be about 160 km/h. The car was wrapped around the pole, nearly split into two, the hood and other parts flew over half a block.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Projectors

Well, as stated before, the low beam is an H3 bulb, and the high beam is an H1 bulb...

I got projectors on my 95, and they work good, i went and got Nokya hyper whites and they look good.. I was driving my girls car last night and she was following me, and i was watching in the mirror, and its pretty cool, cuz at one angle they look blue, then they are real bight white, and sometimes have that bright yellow look to them as well, so i tell yo , go and get Nokya or any brand for that matter, hyper white H3 bulbs.. Go to Pep Boys, they carry H3 bulbs there..

Peash

·
Registered
243 Posts
How white are H4 bulbs? If I get them do I need to upgrade the harness in my car. I am just looking for a little brighter and whiter.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Projectors

dgrobe2112 said:
Well, as stated before, the low beam is an H3 bulb, and the high beam is an H1 bulb...

I got projectors on my 95, and they work good, i went and got Nokya hyper whites and they look good.. I was driving my girls car last night and she was following me, and i was watching in the mirror, and its pretty cool, cuz at one angle they look blue, then they are real bight white, and sometimes have that bright yellow look to them as well, so i tell yo , go and get Nokya or any brand for that matter, hyper white H3 bulbs.. Go to Pep Boys, they carry H3 bulbs there..

Peash
so that is what i was looking for thank you! so do i just go to pepboys and ask for an H3 bulb to replace them, are they STREET LEGAL??? i just want those regular bulbs BRIGHT!! they aren't as bright as i want them :( NOKYA?? how much?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nokya's, I bought them from a local tuner shop here and they cost me 35 bucks for a pair... i dont know how much they should be, i just wanted the blueness out the front, and i have been pulled over, and no officer has said anything aobut my lights...I am sure they are street legal....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts