Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
gxsx said:
damn, im jealous, they look real good on your car. what kinda size projectors did you use?

also, btung, is that guy still selling them?
i'm using e55 bi xenons they are really big & bulky for the sol headlight so they are extremely hard to fit in there. i eventually plan to upgrade to the 1 piece headlights & some s2000 projectors but that wont be for awhile til i finish my turbo.

·
Registered
166 Posts
the Projector wasn't really hard to do into the del sol. the total cost for my whole conversion is around 300-400, but there is a lot of time consuming. The best projector that will fit the del sol is either the Audi TT, Acura TSX, Honda S2000, that's all i know.

·
Registered
55 Posts
gxsx said:
holy crap man 850!?!? if it wre 450 i woulda bought them.. but daaayyyuummm.

liquidtek, how much did it cost you to do all lights?
well ballast and bulbs was about $200. projectors were $120ish. custom clear lens were $60. wires/inline fuses/misc spade connectors/bolts were another $35ish. when i did my retro there wasnt aftermarket headlights available so i had to buy the clear lens. e55 projectors and e46 projectors are usually the cheapest but the better ones like tsx/tl/s2000 projectors are close to twice the price of the e55s ect. the only thing that separates them is the size, diameter, and the type of lens which makes the cutoff more clear. also you would need the new headlights without the fluted lens because mine killed the cutoff big time.
estimated cost: $400
estimated time: 15 hrs +/-

·
Registered
55 Posts
gxsx said:
15 hours... and 400+ dollars. the price to pay to be unique..
i'd love to do it, maybe after i get the engine swap put together and done...
believe me its not as unique as before lots of people have started doing it now. a year ago when i did it there was a handful of sols now there are prob closer to 20 retro'd. also yours will prob cost more like $600 because you'd have to buy those new headlights with clear lenses.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
yeah when i first joined the board, wow almost 3 years ago there was a guy named phantomsol, he still comes around somtimes, hes now got a subaru, but anyways he made the first projecter headlights that ive seen for a sol, sold them for a good chunk too awhile ago, i remb i wanted them soo bad lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts