Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that if i put in projections in my 2001 v6 coupe I would have to buy a new cone shaped filter. Is this tru? kinda short on teh loot! IF so then any good suggestions???

P.s I just started on my car wotn be able to put in the projections my self, how much would it cost to have them installed????

THANX

· Registered
324 Posts
If you plan on replacing the entire lens, then I don't think there is any difference between the years. But if you are planning to get HIDs I believe the lens are made of different material b/t the years but anyways. Its ussually a DIY job and you do not need a new "cone" because the "cone" is stuck to the OEM lens and all you need is new bulbs for projectors b/c they require different bulbs. Installation may vary from 20 bucks and up, depending if you know anybody in the feild or not. Hope this helps.

· Registered
61 Posts
No offense, Tofu, but I think you misunderstood the question.

Projector headlights are bulkier in the back than their Stanley OEM counterparts. As you know, the also bulky OEM airbox is mounted right behind the left headlight. Thus the left projector headlight may not fit. That's why some recommend getting an aftermarket air intake, especially the AEM Cold Air as the space directly behind the left headlight will be freed up. This has nothing to do with lightbulbs or HID, although it is true that projectors use different lightbulbs.

· Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx accord_yuppie, any idea on what cost is on one of those filters, and any good suggestions on brand.

· Registered
61 Posts
I know it rains in NJ a lot because I used to live in NYC, so you may be better off with a short intake. I would say that for the short ones, pretty much all the major brands perform about the same, e.g. Akimoto, AEM, DCSports. I don't really know much about them because I have been planning to get a Cold Air long intake, as it does not rain in Cali.

· Registered
252 Posts
just go out and get an AEM short ram intake if your worried about it raining or a Cold Air Intake if your not worried about it raining.....the short ram also costs less if you don't want to spend as much money......or you could wait for the comptech icebox to come out....but from my understanding that goes in basically the same place as the stock airbox and will probably have the same fitment problems w/ the projectors.....

· Registered
563 Posts
any aftermarket intake will work, range from 35 bucks for cheapy short rams to 200 for expensive CAI's...take your pick

by the way, PROJECTORS SUCK DICK.....my neighbors have a set on his accord...and i laugh at him everytime he drives into the apt parking lot....he can't see shit, and the light beam isn't aligned either.

U SURE U WANT PROJECTORS??? cuz u be blowing a ton of cash on something that sucks balls

· Registered
252 Posts
projectors aren't THAT bad if you adjust them right....most people are just to lazy or stupid to get them adjusted correctly...my friend had them on his lude (before the car got stolen) and they sucked at first and then we drove around for like an hour adjusting them and they came out pretty good...

· Registered
563 Posts
well, my neighbor has the gen 1 projectors...i don't know about adjustability on those... either way, the light output is pretty horrible i mean, about oh 3 feet in front... i would think that if he could adjust them, he would...i should ask him....

· Registered
324 Posts
Accord_Yuppie, thx for correcting me haha. And as for projectors, they look great and the light output is a bit less, but not by that much since the stock bulbs suck anyways. If I decide to get the G2 projectors, I would turn on my fogs on as well, unless city driving where there are many street lamps.

· Registered
396 Posts
Yes, the aftermarket projectors SUCK! theres no other way around that. The best thing for you to do, would be,
1. buy a set of projector headlamps.
2. take out the projectors and throw in HID projectors (like audi s4's tt's etc) and swap them in
BAM! you have OEM HID output. There are many who have done conversions like these, for dirt cheap.
peace

· Registered
252 Posts
uciaccordv6[/i] [B]well said:
Yes, the aftermarket projectors SUCK! theres no other way around that. The best thing for you to do, would be,
1. buy a set of projector headlamps.
2. take out the projectors and throw in HID projectors (like audi s4's tt's etc) and swap them in
BAM! you have OEM HID output. There are many who have done conversions like these, for dirt cheap.
peace
Since when has doing ANYTHING related to putting HID on a non-HID equipped car been "dirt cheap"? if you go this route you would probably end up spending more money than just buying a HID conversion kit.....since you buy the projectors....and then the HID's in addition to that....and if you get the factory HID's they will cost more because they are manufacturer parts and blah blah so on.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.