Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

I was wondering what makes projector headlights better, if they at all are? I have heard of them but don't know what they do that different from the OEMs. Let me know, also...

I know of San Leandro and Honda Automotive Parts.com but does anyone know of any other online honda stores that may have the door weatherstripping for a more affordable price? My two driver side doors are killing me on the highway. I need to replace their seals.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
projectors are not necessarily better and you will not find an aftermarket headlight anywhere near as good as the honda oem units (made by stanley). I wouldn't touch the headlights unless you are converting to HID. Just throw in some sylvania silverstar bulbs and call it a day.

As for honda parts, the 2 you listed are the best ones out there for OEM parts. I recommend slhonda over the other because they do not charge a handling fee and seem to be a little quicker with processing your order.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Im sorry but I have to disagree. I have projectors on my car and not only do they look much better they are brighter than regular headlights. The only thing about them is that when you turn the high beams on they shine up higher than usual.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kommon_sense said:
projectors are not necessarily better and you will not find an aftermarket headlight anywhere near as good as the honda oem units (made by stanley). I wouldn't touch the headlights unless you are converting to HID. Just throw in some sylvania silverstar bulbs and call it a day.

As for honda parts, the 2 you listed are the best ones out there for OEM parts. I recommend slhonda over the other because they do not charge a handling fee and seem to be a little quicker with processing your order.
lol I've always wondered about all the STANLEY stamps all over the headlight assemblies. The same guys w/ the yellow and black logo?
Oh yes - though I haven't had the pleasure of ordering from them yet, San Leandro does seem much better, they're site definately is.

civic_racer93 said:
Im sorry but I have to disagree. I have projectors on my car and not only do they look much better they are brighter than regular headlights. The only thing about them is that when you turn the high beams on they shine up higher than usual.
Oh really? Interesting.

I am wondering, personally two additonal things now. My friend says he's getting Halo projectors, what advantage could they serve more than just seeing a glowing ring around the lights? And though I know about the silverstars, I've seen a few other JDM looking brand lights online and in a few stores. Could they be better than the SSs or are the SSs the ebst there are?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I have projector headlights and they perform better than the OEM unit.

However it's a bit tricky to aim the headlights....I'm just too lazy to do it so far

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gurusan said:
I have projector headlights and they perform better than the OEM unit.

However it's a bit tricky to aim the headlights....I'm just too lazy to do it so far
What wheels do you have on your car?

·
Registered
112 Posts
To those that think Projectors look better then OEM...I hate you...

They look like crap most times. THE ONLY reason I would even CONSIDER purchasing projectors is if I have HIDs and I am sick of everyone flashing their lights at me because I am blinding them.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BrokenLimits said:
To those that think Projectors look better then OEM...I hate you...

They look like crap most times. THE ONLY reason I would even CONSIDER purchasing projectors is if I have HIDs and I am sick of everyone flashing their lights at me because I am blinding them.
lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts