Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting some projector headlights for my Accord, some darker foggier ones, but after thinking about it will it give me any real gain thats worth the money? Will the lights be brighter? Will I need new bulbs? If so what kind? Are these things worth it, or is there a more worthwile area to spend my money in? Sure they look cool, but right now i'd like more performance parts than looks, I thought the projectors will be brighter but I still have no idea.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
um, usually they wont be brighter. while mine are brighter than stock lights, i also took the half-moon shield out of the projector. if i could go back i would do a HID retro fit on some oem light housings...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Projectors wont b brighter than stock, unless u hook em up with HID's, then u'll b a hell of a lot brighter. Projectors and Sylvania bulbs r a good bright combo.

Don't consider Angel Eyez. Too many people make the mistake of buyin aftermarket Angel eyez and they're unhappy with the results. TYC projectors r better than those bullshit Angel Eyez, bkuz they give u more light output than aftermarket Angel Eyez. And they don't give u a headache every time they burn out. Stock Angel eyez r cool on BMW's and shit, but aftermarket Angel eyez r bad on any car.

U might wanna get some good TYC projectors for about 200, then PM TSM Pikachu, he'll hook u up with some good inexpensive HID's.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wheres a good place to get some projectors? eBay?

·
Registered
957 Posts
what exactly are projectors? I'm assuming modification needs to be done in order for projectors to be installed?

I have the OEM Headlamps w/ HID's, and lighting isn't very much better than the rice bulbs.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
ebay has lots of projectors for civics, however im not sure about accords, but im sure there are. keep in mind that aftermarket projectors (unless stated by the manufacturer) are not hid (i personally havn't seen any, unless retrofitting has been done) and they usually wont handle the temperature of hid lights. IMO why buy projector headlights to go hid, when the oem housings you already have are perfectly capable of housing hid bulbs with the proper preparation and know how.

once again, i disagree with thglif951 about the angel eyes ( :p i'm gonna keep saying it bro) they are the same as projectors, except for the fact that there is a "halo'' around the projector itself, there is no difference between a regular projector lens, and an angel eye projector lens, except the manufacturer...
:cool

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
what exactly are projectors? I'm assuming modification needs to be done in order for projectors to be installed?
now, this is an "oem style" projector headlight:

this is a projector for hid(pay no mind to the chrome housings below):

see the difference? one is an aftermarket replacement headlight, one is (keyword here) -designed- for hid lighting, the other IS NOT.
I have the OEM Headlamps w/ HID's, and lighting isn't very much better than the rice bulbs.
now my question is, did you retro "oem" hid projectors into you oem housings?
or did you get some "hid look" headlights (which are a joke)
OR, did you get a mccullochs "type" kit that had ballasts, bulbs, and all that shit thats supposed to be plug and play but the light output is shitty because its not focused and there is no cutoff with a horrible glare from the arc of light off of you chrome reflectors?

i hope this makes some sense.. :clap :D

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well the light output right now in my Accord is pretty good, but I want to just change the appearance of my car more, rather than increase light output. So would you recommend the projectors, I can use the regualr bulbs with them?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
there will *probably be a different bulb used in the projector, they might come with them, i dont know, i dont remeber if mine did or not. mine just use regular h1 headlight bulbs for the low beams, and i dont remember what the highbeams are at the moment... as far as getting them, check out the review forum, i reviewed the ones i have in there, there may be other reviews too...

i however, didn't get tyc projectors, i got the ones i liked, most of the stuff i've seen from tyc is ugly as sin for the civics, dont know what they look like for the accords.

about the light output, i honestly couldn't tell you how good or bad they may be, because like i said, before i even put them in, i took the half-moon shield out of them... if you do get some off of ebay, be sure to check the seller out feedback wise. definitely find a reputable seller, even if you have to pay a few more extra $

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
i order for them to work somewhat properly, you should get some oem hid projectors off another car, and modify your headlight housings to hold them. shouldn't be terribly hard, just have to use some ingenuity.
theres alot of threads about this and how its done here on sho...

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ehh, screw it i'll just spend my cash on maybe a new header, or cat back. :)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
IllSaint: Alright man, thatz cool if u like Angel Eyez. Im just sayin that many people aren't pleased with the results. Angels r projectors with the added halo ring. We'll agree on that.

To me, HID's and TYC projectors would produce more light and look better on an accord. And u'd piss off alot people after u blinded them! :lol2

OldSkool, u should PM TSM Pikachu, he can hook u up with his boy from ebay and get u some good projectors and HID's. Ur call man!

Then again, I think instead of spendin 200 on the exterior, tune up ur ACcord with some engine upgrades.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
ThGLiF951 said:
Projectors wont b brighter than stock, unless u hook em up with HID's, then u'll b a hell of a lot brighter. Projectors and Sylvania bulbs r a good bright combo.

Don't consider Angel Eyez. Too many people make the mistake of buyin aftermarket Angel eyez and they're unhappy with the results. TYC projectors r better than those bullshit Angel Eyez, bkuz they give u more light output than aftermarket Angel Eyez. And they don't give u a headache every time they burn out. Stock Angel eyez r cool on BMW's and shit, but aftermarket Angel eyez r bad on any car.

U might wanna get some good TYC projectors for about 200, then PM TSM Pikachu, he'll hook u up with some good inexpensive HID's.
why are people unhappy with the angel eyez?

Reactions: riceboy89

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
they kinda look ricey to me... it's like look i can't afford a bmw so i'm going to get headlights that make it look like one... kinda...

I think black housing headlights with retrofit projectors look awesome.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts