Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just bought the angel-eye projector headlights and after install, the lights are so dim that I can't drive safely at night time without turning my high beams on. What I want to know is hwo I can fix this? Is it as easy as changing the bulbs to newer ones? I was thinking hyper white? Or now my car is not running enough energy to the headlights to get them glwoing properly? I want to get these to work but they are really pisssing me off. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.:D

· Registered
1,547 Posts
Did you wire everything correctly? I don't see how you wouldn't have, since it does come with a harness right? I would say check the wiring, and maybe if that doesn't work, get new bulbs. I can't really think of anything else at 3:40 in the morning.

· Registered
36 Posts
hmm...all i can say is that those aftermarket projector lights tend to be REALLY dim.....cuz all the people i know that have those angel eye projector lights have the same problem with the intensity of the light (they're dim). Changing the bulbs to hyperwhites actually makes little to no difference....well except for the fact that the light is no longer a dim yellow light...but now a dim white light.:rolleyes: I have angel eye projectors too....and yes they are also dim (even after i put in hyperwhites :mad: ).....so i just added fog/driving lights to help make the road a little more brighter. It really helps. Yea...hope this answers your questions.

Oh yea...where did u buy ur lights from?

· Registered
1,547 Posts
My friend has normal projectors and they are bright as hell. I've seen those angel eyes just as bright as normal projectors too, so I have no idea what could be the problem. Maybe you just got a bad set, or maybe it depends on who you got it from.

· Registered
3,081 Posts
did you use the wiring harness that was included with the lights? Adjust the headlights properly and get some higher wattage bulbs

· Registered
768 Posts
I have the angel eyes and they are bright as hell... most people think that I have my high beams on, until they high beam me and I high beam them back... then they realize that the low beams are just bright as $hit...

· Registered
511 Posts
Ya, Ive noticed on alot of peoples cars that the angel eyes make things dimmer...alot of things that ive seen people do to compinsate.. HID :D!!!!!!!!, I understand thats alot of money, but the higher wattage makes things alot brighter (duh)..Just an idea for you, if u got the money

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh another thing, it almost seems like its not dim at all, just like its aiming straight down and not far out. Is there a way to tilt the projector lens? so it aims higher like with hids? I mean cause I get light a few feet in front and then I'll see some light in the trees above me so i think that might have something to do with it, cause it seems like they are getting enough power, thanks for every one elses suggestions as well, I have fogs coming in, just haven't received it yet, I know that'll probably solve it to where I won't care, but I want to try and fix it before that, thanks

· Registered
36 Posts
yea...maybe u just simply need to realign ur headlight beams. Pop ur hood and look down at ur headlights. Just keep lookin around...there are like gears that u screw....like it has jagged teeth. Blah....you'll know it when/if u see it. Its located behind ur headlights......There are usually two/three of those things. Fumble around and u'll notice that one of them will make ur beam go either left or right....and the other one(s) will make ur beam aim either up or down. GOOOooooOOo....and look at it....u'll see. Hope that helps. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.