Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
well friday didnt pan out... they got the parts in on Friday.. Should be firing it up Tomorrow then finishing little shit.. and i should be getting it sometime this week.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Whoa.... This Project came a long way. Nice pics man and very good thread :tu

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Thanks Man I just wanted to contribute my build to these forums. If I inspired anyone to build a K Good... Because people before me Inspired me to build a K-series. Just trying to pass it down.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I'm not ready for a K finacially.

I can Built B when I get one ;) Turbo :aww

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
UPDATE: CAR RUNS!!!! Just no header (Still being made) so it doesnt run all too long..LOL

Look what was at my Doorstep when I got home!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Finally after 8 long months its finally DONE!!! WOW its so fast it kinda scares me.... Just pulls from 2000rpm to whenever i get off the gas. Dyno tuning in the next few weeks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I have been trying to figure out why my car is counting knocks.... and what is causing it... But I stil dont know... Im hearing bad gas...i now have 110 octane in there. Then some are saying it needs a tune... Churches Automotive tried to do a tune on the old bad gas but the knock count was up to 600 at one point that they retarded ingition timing just to drop the knock count down. But partial throttle driving stil get a knock count around 60 or so not even hitting 5000RPMS

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Well Im hearing from Shawn Church that I have what is called Ghost knock... The knock sensor is very sensitive that it detects the noise from my valvetrain as knock... I was going to get tuned on Friday but my Transmission took a shit on me.. Its out of the car getting rebuilt right now. As Soon as the transmission is fixed off to the Dyno it goes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Well I got some pics of what the inside of that bad transmission looked like... It does have a Nice LSD though ;)

New Transmission that the quaife is going into.

·
Registered
388 Posts
God I wish B series motors had timing chains instead of belts. Belts are a pain in the ass.
i think belts are better for performance engine.
chains have a slack side and a tension side. so your timing will be off by a couple of degrees depending on how loose the chain is.
i dont know jack shit about honda timing chains but if its like ford timing chains systems with hydraulic chain tensioners then timing will change a few degrees. but dont quote me on the honda chain setup. :p
just wanted to throw in some random knowledge if anyone cares :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I put down 279hp and 222trq.

k24a4
Pistons 12.5:1 87.5mm
Rods
K-pro
TSX head Stock
Hytech Cams
Supertech valve springs, ti retainers, valves
Hytech K24 header
Type s vtc gear
RBC

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Thanks Christian.... I wish you were stil in Oregon... I would take you for a drive.. Its a blast to drive.

·
Registered
31 Posts
those are some really nice numbers...

someday i might be fortunate enough :(

good build man; post some vids and pics of it when you get the chance.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Thanks Christian.... I wish you were stil in Oregon... I would take you for a drive.. Its a blast to drive.
Yeah I bet its a blast. And yup when I get back in 4ish years I'll make sure to contact you :p Not sure how long I'll be hanging around Oregon though as I'll be looking for a job

81 - 100 of 107 Posts