Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was considering a few options as far as a suspension setup goes... i don't have too much money to drop on this so i'm looking for something that will close up the wheel gap a bit, and make my car look nicer, yet something that won't make me go broke. I'm considering getting the prokits and tokico blues... but i haven't heard many things about the blues. Or, I can get the prokits and use them with stock shocks for a while... but i haven't heard much about that either... any help is appreciated!

· Registered
9,883 Posts
you can get the H&R sport and use the stock shocks for a while.
just after you put the springs in, get a 4 wheel computerized alignment. and rotate your tires every 4-5000 miles.
then buy the shocks later when you have money.
i have the stock shocks and the H&R sport springs, i havent had any problems. since shocks on the v6 coupes is one of the best stock shocks.

· Registered
40 Posts
the prokit give u a comfortable ride but they lower my accord more then the Eibach said after a yr .

H&R is stiff. the ride is too annoying for me. but they are good on handling (Prokit did good handling too but just H&R did better)

they both can run with OEM strut.....but for sure the strut get wear faster

· Registered
1,316 Posts
nighthawk rider said:
the prokit give u a comfortable ride but they lower my accord more then the Eibach said after a yr .

H&R is stiff. the ride is too annoying for me. but they are good on handling (Prokit did good handling too but just H&R did better)

they both can run with OEM strut.....but for sure the strut get wear faster

How long will the stock struts last? Im planning to the the Eibachs soon and want to know. Will my stock stuts hold atleast 5 yrs with the aftermarket springs?

· Registered
23 Posts
isnt it 1.75 in the front and 1.5 in the rear? but yea i would get the H&R's cuz of that 1.75 in the front...the prokit makes it even but the wheel gaps arent allighned so the front gap is bigger than the rear...sucks i might get a set of h&r's later for the front....

· Registered
40 Posts
5 years???even if u have the OEM springs on the car, no one can promise it lasts for 5 years. it really depends on case. ur driving habbit, road condition, etc.

· Registered
224 Posts
dayum. my friend who has a 2001 honda accord ex coupe, he dropped it with 2.3 progress springs. OMG..it looks tyyte and clean but he didnt put aftermarket shocks with them.. I drove it, and its iite...but kinda bumpy, and u can tell by the turns.

· Registered
9,883 Posts
NocturnalCoupe said:
isnt it 1.75 in the front and 1.5 in the rear? but yea i would get the H&R's cuz of that 1.75 in the front...the prokit makes it even but the wheel gaps arent allighned so the front gap is bigger than the rear...sucks i might get a set of h&r's later for the front....
hehe well technically. its 1.5 to the front, and 1.2 to the rear. but after a few months. i think its like more 1.75 in the front, and 1.5 in the back. nice!. yea the H&R are alot better. they will give the more agressive look.

· Registered
222 Posts
does any1 have pics of their car on sportlines or pro kits or any other kinda drop???????

also, how many inches is our stock wheel gap??

· Registered
77 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.