Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying a lude and builing it up. Which one of the gen's is the best to turbo? 4gen has the ODBI until 95? I am not sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
For a basic kit the 4G will be better because you can get an SI. If you're stuck on VTEC then the 4G is still better because it is closed deck and OBD1. If you're going all out then you'll end up resleeving the block and using a standalone EMS, so it doesn't really matter, which one you get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
95 was the last year for OBD1, 96 stated OBDII.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
yeah so it would be best to get a 92-95 prelude SI and build up the engine. turbo H23s can get wicked fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,688 Posts
yeah...the 4th gen Si's are about 100 lbs lighter than a 5th gen...and with it having lower compression would be a great thing for turbos....ask the guy name XES...and check out his set up...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,092 Posts
Murdah One said:
yeah...the 4th gen Si's are about 100 lbs lighter than a 5th gen...and with it having lower compression would be a great thing for turbos....ask the guy name XES...and check out his set up...
hes not around here much...but heres his website. pretty crazy setup.

http://www.cadvision.com/unrynhen/prelude.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
4th gen is a hb while 5th gen is a coupe , so...... i would pick the 5th :) most sport car these days are hb :) get sumin different :)

performance wise , the worst vise is advise BUT i have one for you :) seeing youre a amateur , runing a a turbo is a big no :) its tempting to turn up the boost and risking blowin it all up :) so unless you realli want to go fi , stay to the user friendly na :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,688 Posts
LAblue said:
4th gen is a hb while 5th gen is a coupe , so...... i would pick the 5th :) most sport car these days are hb :) get sumin different :)

performance wise , the worst vise is advise BUT i have one for you :) seeing youre a amateur , runing a a turbo is a big no :) its tempting to turn up the boost and risking blowin it all up :) so unless you realli want to go fi , stay to the user friendly na :)
4th gen is a hatch back? what? last time i checked my trunk and rear windshield are not connected...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
Murdah One said:


4th gen is a hatch back? what? last time i checked my trunk and rear windshield are not connected...
HeY im talking about 4th gen integra, :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,727 Posts
LAblue said:


HeY im talking about 4th gen integra, :)
Yea and I can buy a hedghog for 65 bucks....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,612 Posts
You guys..... :sonic:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
lolz i cant beleave , you guys are replying wit out calling me a bitch, cunt, hoe, or Fuck up Dildo:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,727 Posts
LAblue said:
lolz i cant beleave , you guys are replying wit out calling me a bitch, cunt, hoe, or Fuck up Dildo:)
your the one making stupid replys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
personaly i think for fi definentlly go 4th gen. I prefer the 5th gen only because of the way it looks. The 4th gen interior owns the 5th gens dull interior. But it all just depends what you have in mind for the car. The 4th gen si has lower compresion than a 5th gen and is better for turbo/nos/sc. I also think that the 4th gen loox a bit more sportier than the 5th gen. Then again i prefer the more elegant look of the 5th gen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
lOOkatme said:


your the one making stupid replys.
stupid replies? im just telling it like it is boi :) if youre a jackass and think youre all that , im gonna get on u :) mmmm...... that dont sound rite :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
I have a sticky on this in the prelude forum on the web page in my sig. Just go to the prelude forum and look up Engine differences. Oh and I've revised all the data so it's 100% correct so just disreguard the stuff at the bottom.

Peace

:cool:
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top