Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PS2 non-"(ONLINE) games... online???

i think i found the solution to play gt3 & gt4 among other ilink compatible games online.

the program is called xlink kai and can be found here:

http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

i havent tried it yet so try it at your own risk for now. im gonna try it after 11.

so far ive already installed it but i havent completed registration yet. ill be play testing it tonight... hopefully it works well. if so, we might have to have gt3/4 SHO tournaments and such.

ill keep everyone posted.
if anyone wants to test this out with me after 11pme tonight, message me on aim: lvl7civic

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
current status: i have the software up and running. my computer detects my ps2. now my problem is, the only games i have that are ilink compatible... nobody is playing :p

on a lighter note... there are others who have gt4 on other continents and they are already playing on this program. so at least i know it can be done fo sua!

unfortunately gt3 isnt supported/hasnt been tested.

all i need is a volunteer with these requirements: ps2 with net adapter, pc(duh), internet(cable/dsl or faster would probably work best), and a network router.
if you already have ps2 working for online... even better cuz apparently some people have to fight with the startup disc.

as far as ilink compatible games... all i have are gran turismo and atv offroad fury 2(atv2 supported on kai)

if you dont like aim... you can find me on msn under the same name: [email protected]

for now, im gonna give it a rest but contact me soon.

if anyone wants to ask any questions... ask away. try not to get too technical though as im not really good with the network stuff at all.

*** edit *** in addition to allegedly be able to play ps2 ilink games online, this program can play gcube, ds, psp and xbox games too.
i just finished playing halo 1 multiplayer online against some guy who completely ripped me a new butthole.... but i suck at halo anyways so its all good.
:D

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
you've got it a bit mixed up, lol.

it's not ilink, and I don't think it works with ilink. It works via LAN connection to the PC.

iLink is a system that Sony did away with on PS2 altogether.

Other than that most of the information in this thread is correct :)

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tha_con said:
you've got it a bit mixed up, lol.

it's not ilink, and I don't think it works with ilink. It works via LAN connection to the PC.

iLink is a system that Sony did away with on PS2 altogether.

Other than that most of the information in this thread is correct :)

youre right. i found that out this morning but i didnt get a chance to post up.
im still a little confused about that though.... from what i understand, gt3 wont work but atv 2 does.... are they connecting using the ilink option or the online option?

they did however get gt4 to work which is definitely not online compatible.
does that mean the newer games do ilink via net-adapter?

me = confused

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
^ he said it all :)

iLink is completely different from LAN. Lan can be tunneled, while iLink is something that only PS2 uses for the most part, and the signal cannot be tunneled.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn... so Sony phased out ilink and the hdd.... did they phase anything else out?
why the hell did i pay for the ability to have an hdd and the ilink port? i want a rebate! :p

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tha_con, i read in another thread that you have gt4... have you had a chance to try it out on xlink?
If so, how does it play?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
LevelSevenCivic said:
damn... so Sony phased out ilink and the hdd.... did they phase anything else out?
why the hell did i pay for the ability to have an hdd and the ilink port? i want a rebate! :p
Well, the ilink port was in your PS2 to begin with. The HD you can backup your games pretty easily. Just get a compatible bigger hard drive and HD Loader or HD Advance and you'll be able to backup your games to the HD and play directly from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts