Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have everything i need so i can play ps2 on-line, but i get an error message during setup. i'm trying to set it up using a braodband connection, but i always get "DNAS ERROR (-881). PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
greenmachine2k said:
Sounds like user error. Try turning the PS2 on or plugging the cable into the wall.
what are you trying to say? that i'm a dummy and don't know what i'm doing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,369 Posts
what kind of connection are you on?

cable or dsl?

did you plug the cable into the modem? or the wall?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
crazed87 said:
what kind of connection are you on?

cable or dsl?

did you plug the cable into the modem? or the wall?
i have a cable modem. i also have a router. so right now my cable modem is connect to the router and the cable connected to the ps2 is connected to the router. i woudl connect to the cable modem but it didn't come with any extra ports. i have 3 ports left on the router so i put the cable in there. i unplugged the cable thats connected to the cable modem and put the cable hooked up to the ps2 in there. when i did that it said the it couldn't connect to the dnas server.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,822 Posts
for xbox when i want to play online(only have a cable modem), i turn on the xbox and then i plug it into the modem, and then turn the modem off and then back on...it wont work if i dont do that....hope that helps
 

·
MSP
Joined
·
6,618 Posts
i think ur router isn't configured to allow online gaming for ur ps2...this happened to me too...here's wat i did...went to my network connections, right click my local area connections....clicked properites...click the tcp thing, clicked properties on that...i click allow Automatic IP address...<<remember that.....DO the same with ur configurations on ur ps2 memory card...ALLOW AUTOMATIC IP ADDRESS, don't put I HAVE A USERNAME AND PASSWORD crap...cuz ur router can only use one IP not 2, so u can't put ur username and password twice because its loaded to ur router...so, jus pick AUTOMATIC IP on ur ps2 cd network setup...thats it...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i tried that and it still didn't work. if you have another idea you can post it on here or send me an instant message to FIN1354
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,574 Posts
have you even tried to plug the ps2 straight in the cable modem then turn the modem off/on? That would narrow down what the issue is
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
infox said:
have you even tried to plug the ps2 straight in the cable modem then turn the modem off/on? That would narrow down what the issue is
i tried that and it said it couldn't connect to teh dnas server
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
infox said:
have you even tried to plug the ps2 straight in the cable modem then turn the modem off/on? That would narrow down what the issue is
i tried that and it said it couldn't connect to the dnas server
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,038 Posts
have you tried to configure the settings with a certain game you want to play online?

I know with Socom 2 I had to set up the online adapter through the game in order to get it working.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
luckylou07 said:
what are you trying to say? that i'm a dummy and don't know what i'm doing
Obviously, if you are having problems with your ps2 network connection :)

luckylou07 said:
i have a cable modem. i also have a router. so right now my cable modem is connect to the router and the cable connected to the ps2 is connected to the router. i woudl connect to the cable modem but it didn't come with any extra ports. i have 3 ports left on the router so i put the cable in there. i unplugged the cable thats connected to the cable modem and put the cable hooked up to the ps2 in there. when i did that it said the it couldn't connect to the dnas server.
You lost me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
J30A1Accord said:
Obviously, if you are having problems with your ps2 network connection :)


i've tried setting it up with madden 2005 but still got the dnas error. greenmachine2k is my friend so i put that dummy response as a joke.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top