Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Price of the PS2 is dropping in Japan in about a week. Could a drop in the US be far behind...?

BTW: Last time I checked it was about 110 Yen to the Dollar.

Sony to cut price of PlayStation 2 game console by 20%
Wednesday, November 5, 2003 at 05:03 JST
TOKYO — Sony Computer Entertainment Inc (SCE) said Tuesday it will cut the suggested retail price of its popular PlayStation 2 game console in Japan by about 20% on Nov 13 ahead of the year-end shopping season.

The latest price cut, the second of its kind on the game console this year, will bring down the price to 19,800 yen from 25,000 yen, SCE said. SCE is a unit of Sony Corp. (Kyodo News)

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Japan was given the same price drops we've received in the past either. So this is a bigger thing to them then it would be here I figure.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Yeah, I don't think asia gets the discounts we do. I went to Hong Kong a few summers ago, and the GC was still 300.00 and same for the PS2, but the price drop was supposed to reach them sometime that month, a vendor told me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.