Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having problems with my Philips HDTV. I bought some Mad Catz component cables. (Yeah, I know Mad Catz products usually suck, but hey, I thought cables would be cables and they were the only ones they had at the time) Anyways, I hooked it up and I changed the settings on the ps2 to 16:9 and to Pr-Pb-Y and I get this greyish fuzzy picture on the tv or no picture at all, and on the surround sound the sound only comes out of the front left speaker. Right now I'm just playin on the original RCA cables and it seems to work okay, but it's not crystal clear like I wanted it to be.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Sounds like you've got some of the cables mixed up. If you only get sound out of the left speaker you may have inadvertantly plugged the right audio cable into a video input, and vice versa.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the cables are bad. Bought 'em for about $10 at Best Buy. The cables were hooked up right. Double checked 'em. All in the right places, but still got a bad connection. I'll have to dig through my reciepts and return them and later on get some Monster cables. I've heard great things about 'em. I'm broke now from buying a bunch of games this past month.

BTW, thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
*WHEW* im glad i didnt buy those. i was close, but i just picked up the sony ones... so far, i think my s-video cables work better, and thats with the setting at 1080i...

·
Registered
985 Posts
its prolly ur ps2...i tried component cables on one of my ps2's and all i got was sound with no pic, or the picture trying to come up for a second then it would go away. i tried a different ps2 and it works fine.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have the Monster Cable component/optical combo (but no HDTV :( ). I highly recommend them, great picture, sound, and constructed very well. You won't be disappointed with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts