Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Thats like asking someone how long the fuse is on a hand grenade AFTER they pull the pin, hand it to you and run.

At your knowledge level demonstrated here, not very long till it explodes in your face.
Turbo requires a few things, patience, effort, money, knowledge of basics, knowledge of how to look up boost(turbo) related stuff like this, basic engine maintainence, all tied down with a healthy helping of searching for parts, tuning, and not posting threads like this till you learn more

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
The UK has different engine options, but the answer is probably about 7psi. If you live in the city, then I'm sure you can find a tuner if you go out and look. And dyno tuning is mandatory. You have to pay to play. If you have an automatic then don't go turbo at all.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Viper_yellow said:
^ :rolleyes I wish you luck on finding a tuner.....I live in the UK

What do you mean the UK has different engine options?!?!?
All 2002 Accords in the US had either an F23 or V6 engine. In the UK, they also had the F23 but a bunch of eother engines, including the H22, a smaller petrol motor, and a diesel. That's why you need to specify an engine. And seriously, you should be thanking us for telling you that you need to find a tuner. Sure, you can slap a turbo on the car, but if you think tuners are hard to find in the UK, try finding a new engine at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
75 Posts
UH!>?!?!?! You got it all wrong....First off a H22 was NEVER in a accord out the factory. ANd second being in the UK you can find ANY Honda engine for cheap.

VAT (tax) is what kills you but thats why you dont go through a company.

What I recomend he/she doing is upgrading everything else....suspension for example.....Its not cheap. Who knows if he has a V6 in there or not but he should start purchasing the turbo kit piece by piece including the fuel system upgrades.

You find a tuner yet? :p ....Let me know when you do :bye

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Viper_yellow said:
UH!>?!?!?! You got it all wrong....First off a H22 was NEVER in a accord out the factory.
Accord Euro-R was 220hp H22 from the factory.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Viper_yellow said:
Wrong......that would be a F20B :eek:
The F20B was the Type-R both in euro and japan markets, the euro R was an h22..

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
A collection of info. I have driven both a 5th gen Type-R(in the UK) and a 6th gen euro-R in the Malaysia. I've also ridden in an old accord SiR which was an f20B. The Type-R and Euro-R were both H22s having looked under the hood.

5th gen Accord Type-R is H22 with 200hp
6th Gen Accord Euro-R is H22A7 with 220hp
4th(or 3rd 90-93 not sure which gen that is) Gen Accord Si-R is F20B with 190hp
Current Euro-R is K20A with 220hp.

That was after poking around the net for about 5 minutes. Maybe it depends on the year.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts