Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my homie is a big game fan...this guy has gamecube, PS2, xbox, gameboy advance, the new NS, and also a PSP!!

the psp blew the NS out of the water! the graphics are soooo tight...the screen is nice and in a view of a wide screen. i played ridge racer..i could of sworn i was playing it on a ps2, that's how good the quality is. also, he uploaded pics on his PSP, short music vids, and other vids.

i give this thing a 10+++++++++ out of 10. it'll make the NS look bad..the only thing this doesnt have that the NS has is the touch screen/two screen...but eh the graphics and other stuff will make up for it.

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
Nintendo DS*

PSP does look like it'll be more powerful, better hand held, but we should wait for the games, hopefully they put out alot of games cuz right now there aint much

I never liked nintendo after SNES.

NES and SNES are just the best.:)

i'd love to get a hold of a PSP tho, looks fun

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
omgorz, you so sound like teh totally awesome gaming fan, oh my god! wowzers!

seriously gimmie a break dood.

again...PSP would be fun for the three hours you could play it before charging it up...unless you are watching a movie...in which case it's 2 hours.

I'll stick with a proven hand held formula.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
tha_con said:

again...PSP would be fun for the three hours you could play it before charging it up...unless you are watching a movie...in which case it's 2 hours.

i heard the battery life isnt as bad as the nintendo fans says... and thats the only problem wiff it? still blows ds out of the water

·
Registered
500 Posts
umm anyone who is going to play a handheld for 3 hours non stop needs to take a fcuking break. Buy an extra battery, and unless you are in an airport or some shit there is going to be a powersource somewhere.

Nintendo DS, is fuckin lame. Nintendo for that matter is lame, other than RE4 and Metroid Prime nintendo is for children. Half the games are colored like cartoons. :td

PSP will dominate the DS, all the kids who grew up on nintendo have jobs now and have moved on the better things and can afford the better things.

PSP>DS

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Nintendo fan, heh...

what's great is everyone else calls me a PS2 fanboy...I'm still confused to this day.

Anyway, I dunno about you, but I travel a lot. To me battery life is important. I'm in the army, and I'm constantly in the field, TDY, and other things, so to me if I want to relax, and I want to play a handheld, I wanna be able to play it.

I also don't see how someone who PLAYS a handheld for 3 hours...is any worse than someone who WATCHES A MOVIE for two on that tiny screen. At least playing it you have interaction.

Again, if you let visuals dictate your choices with video games...microsoft will turn this into a shit bag and gaming will eventually die. $$$. Think about that. Windows=Xbox of the future.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
who called you a nintendo fanboy?

tha_con said:

and what makes you the gaming 1337zors?

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
^^^ absolutely nothing, but I prefer games over pretty colors and shapes, also playing them :)

I just don't think sony went into the handheld market the right way. I'll pass on it.

Don't be so uptight, lol...I just hate to see gamers dwindle to such a state where the better looking console wins, then the games will eventually turn to crap.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Better looking is ALWAYS the driving factor in console gaming PERIOD!

It is up to the GAME makers to make the GAMES. The console makers give the game makers the hardware to help the makers create thier vision.

Nintendo was the dominating force until PS came out. Why was PS more popular? The FX killed N64!

If something came out that blew xbox and ps2 away and had a marketing dept to match that of the big names, for a reasonable price people would buy it and the game makers would flock to it.

The same shit can be seen on a smaller time scale with PC games and the mod community. A mod will be in dev for a certain game, but then a better game engine will come out like source or unreal 3 and they will stop dev on the old engine in favor of the new. WHy? becasue we are a visual people and shiny things catch our eye.

Nintendo DS looks like GBA with better color and two screens, whoopity doo!

They let you take your game boy in the field? lol what do you call the "field"? I guess you can bring a cell phone too?

Visuals dictate ALL THAT IS GAMING.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
tha_con said:
^^^ absolutely nothing, but I prefer games over pretty colors and shapes, also playing them :)

I just don't think sony went into the handheld market the right way. I'll pass on it.

Don't be so uptight, lol...I just hate to see gamers dwindle to such a state where the better looking console wins, then the games will eventually turn to crap.
ah, I forgot to throw in a few smilies.

Anyhow, I'm waiting for the games to start being produced. Graphics and all the options are great and all, but I could really care less if the games just completely blow. I haven't bought a PS2 game in about 1.5 years just cause all of the really good games I can play on my computer. I'd sell the damn thing and get an XBOX, but I want GT4.

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Spectator said:
Better looking is ALWAYS the driving factor in console gaming PERIOD!

It is up to the GAME makers to make the GAMES. The console makers give the game makers the hardware to help the makers create thier vision.

Nintendo was the dominating force until PS came out. Why was PS more popular? The FX killed N64!

If something came out that blew xbox and ps2 away and had a marketing dept to match that of the big names, for a reasonable price people would buy it and the game makers would flock to it.

The same shit can be seen on a smaller time scale with PC games and the mod community. A mod will be in dev for a certain game, but then a better game engine will come out like source or unreal 3 and they will stop dev on the old engine in favor of the new. WHy? becasue we are a visual people and shiny things catch our eye.

Nintendo DS looks like GBA with better color and two screens, whoopity doo!

They let you take your game boy in the field? lol what do you call the "field"? I guess you can bring a cell phone too?

Visuals dictate ALL THAT IS GAMING.
Of course! that would definately explain why more people own PS2's than the Xbox!

And it explains GBA vs. Ngage too!

You are wrong in so many ways. Many consoles fail, regardless of their groundbreaking visuals, because of gamer support.

Visuals may sell, but games sell more.

I can give you so many examples, and we could be here all night. Visuals are not the key factor in gaming, games are.

Until then I reserve judgement to say PSP, as of right now, is a bad move and it's not an outstanding handheld. We'll see in a year how things look, don't be surprised if the DS is smashing the PSP in sales and software sales as well.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Looks like I am getting the $145 check from Offer Centric...they are approving my offer right now...because I damn well donot want the Nintendo DS for free

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the game cost him 300 american bucks...he got a friend to buy it in japan.
the battery life it alright to me, it seems like its the bang for the buck.
and SORRY for saying ns instead of DS i'm not a gaming loser yet :p
but IMO, the game i played was very very nice...never played anything handheld like it.

i'm sorry but sony own3d a lot things in the gaming industry...it's kicking the sh*t outta the gamecube, xbox is its only competitor right now (i have an xbox...i do prefer it over the ps2..but i still got love for the ps2).

blah blah blah blah...and blah thank you

·
Premium Member
15,402 Posts
dont have to be a gaming loser to know DS over NS ;), i dont play games much anymore but cmon...lol D is far from the N on the keyboard, ahahaha peace man.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
*shrugs* i knew what it was...but then again i was like should i go look for the name actually. nah...i'll just take a chance, and i got bash for it...eh its koo

·
Registered
441 Posts
with the screen at FULL brightness and FULL volume, a high graphics game lasted 3.5 hrs. the screen is pretty bright, so you can turn that down..and i dont wanna go deaf, so i can turn the volume down.

games that aren't the good graphically last 5 hrs at FULL brightness and volume.

the ds has battery life of 6-10 hrs. since the psp is more for adults to begin with, i think most of us can handle carrying an extra battery with us. goodness knows it'll be hard, seeing as how huge a battery is, but i'm sure we can do it ;)

i haven't been able to find a site that listed actual battery life of movie playback. but when ign tested the low graphic game, it was making constant umd access. so i imagine it'll be more than the 2.5 hrs the con keeps saying

1 - 20 of 37 Posts