Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i dont know wat system to get....Some gamestop people say ds and some say psp.Does PSP have good graphics.I know that ds has some good but kinda bad.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,522 Posts
do research and choose one. both are nice.

or do a search and you'll find a thread where people are debating just that... psp or ds.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,151 Posts
The PSP looks like it is going to be really sick but when something that looks so good costs so little money it makes me skeptical. Ive heard that there is a big problem with the square button sensitivity that makes some of the games unplayable on the japanese version. I think some of the systems have the problem worse than others but they all have it somewhat. The reason is supposedly that the buton didnt fit well because the screen was to big and the button cover is not directly over the actual button. My friend has a DS and it is pretty cool but not having an analogue stick to play mario 64 is like jerking it without lube, not smooth. Basically I think its a lose lose situation either way you go unless they do something about the PSP's square button.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
This topic is going to cause a lot of conflict between which is better. You should search the fourm and see becuase there has been countless debates over which is better.

You know what, give them both a try and see what floats your boat :D .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Id have to go with DS it has touch screen, a mic input because they are planing to make games where u can tell the game what to do, wireless hook up, if someone doesnt have the game u have for DS they can download the multiplayer part, they have chat n picture options u can use to send to ur friends, and there hopefully gonna try to have wireless online.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,132 Posts
the DS is f'n :g


after using my PSP for just an hour I came to realize things that the DS does not have:


capable of playing movies (and damn do they look great)
WiFi
huge screen....wow you have to see it to believe it
analog stick (it's nifty how it works, it slides)
Grand Theft Auto and Gran Turismo 4
Memory stick to view photos, listen to music, and watch your own movies...


PSP > all > DS
 

·
MSP
Joined
·
6,618 Posts
///M3ssican said:
the DS is f'n :g


after using my PSP for just an hour I came to realize things that the DS does not have:


capable of playing movies (and damn do they look great)
WiFi
huge screen....wow you have to see it to believe it
analog stick (it's nifty how it works, it slides)
Grand Theft Auto and Gran Turismo 4
Memory stick to view photos, listen to music, and watch your own movies...


PSP > all > DS

yup...like i said...PSP own DS anyday...

DS only has that picto chat but u need a seperate adapter "which means more money outta your pocket" also its vice versa for the GBA series... ummm, o thats bout it... i mean its great to have a N64 portably but i rather have a PS2 on the road instead...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,338 Posts
///M3ssican said:
the DS is f'n :g


after using my PSP for just an hour I came to realize things that the DS does not have:


capable of playing movies (and damn do they look great)
WiFi
huge screen....wow you have to see it to believe it
analog stick (it's nifty how it works, it slides)
Grand Theft Auto and Gran Turismo 4
Memory stick to view photos, listen to music, and watch your own movies...


PSP > all > DS

The DS can do all those things cept for the games. And huge screen or two screens, if you compare overall screen area the DS actually wins. The touchpad is actually more sensitive and acurate than any analog stick ive used and i dont care who hates, its easy as hell to get used to and works great on first person shooters, I have 1 Gb of SD for my DS and can watch movies or play music with it.

PSP is great dont get me wrong, but you have got your facts all f'ed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,132 Posts
tqhx said:
The DS can do all those things cept for the games. And huge screen or two screens, if you compare overall screen area the DS actually wins. The touchpad is actually more sensitive and acurate than any analog stick ive used and i dont care who hates, its easy as hell to get used to and works great on first person shooters, I have 1 Gb of SD for my DS and can watch movies or play music with it.

PSP is great dont get me wrong, but you have got your facts all f'ed
no, the DS has nowhere near as good resolution screen as the PSP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,338 Posts
///M3ssican said:
no, the DS has nowhere near as good resolution screen as the PSP

You said larger screen, not higher resolution. And the movies on the DS look great. Personally i wouldnt say anything is better just because it has a higher resolution. Its all preference
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,132 Posts
tqhx said:
You said larger screen, not higher resolution. And the movies on the DS look great. Personally i wouldnt say anything is better just because it has a higher resolution. Its all preference
I said both :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,338 Posts
///M3ssican said:
I said both :)


""""capable of playing movies (and damn do they look great)
WiFi
huge screen....wow you have to see it to believe it
analog stick (it's nifty how it works, it slides)
Grand Theft Auto and Gran Turismo 4
Memory stick to view photos, listen to music, and watch your own movies...
"""""



Sorry i only see "huge screen", nothing about resolution. I guess im blind
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,132 Posts
IntegraTypeRS said:
save your money don't waste it on either.
why not?


I honestly still think that the DS does not have a larger screen even with two...just compare the two if you can
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,338 Posts
///M3ssican said:
why not?


I honestly still think that the DS does not have a larger screen even with two...just compare the two if you can


ok a 3 inch screen has roughly 4 square inches of viewing space x 2 = 8 square inches


a 4 inch screen has roughly 7.5 square inches. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,132 Posts
tqhx said:
ok a 3 inch screen has roughly 4 square inches of viewing space x 2 = 8 square inches


a 4 inch screen has roughly 7.5 square inches. :p
yeah, but also at the same time having two separate screens is semi-retarded
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,338 Posts
///M3ssican said:
yeah, but also at the same time having two separate screens is semi-retarded
If you are incapable of comprehending the information from two screens it is more likely you are the semi-retarded one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19,132 Posts
tqhx said:
If you are incapable of comprehending the information from two screens it is more likely you are the semi-retarded one
no, as a matter of fact I rather just stare at one screen, two screen is more or less a gimmick to most people I've talked to
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Top