Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonite I was back in NyC from school, thought I'd hit up some local cruise spots to see whats poppin. I'm slowly cruisin up the long strip when a Celica GTS pulls up one one side and a 99 Civic 4dr on the other side. They both give a rev as we pull to the red light. I give a rev as well and slowly brake-torque in 1st. The light hits and BAM the Civic has a great launch, getting ahead of me and the Celica as well..Well after 2nd gear engaged I was pulling hard on his ass and eventually was ahead by 1 length by the next light, at which point the Civic was still a lot ahead (musta had a Hybrid...) So i'm thinking not bad..could it be my exhaust that gave me a good midrange gain? Well I don't know and was feeling pretty good until I saw the Celica pull away..it ws clearly an automatic from the sounds and the movement of the car. It's still a GTS tho and I was a lil happy.

·
Registered
372 Posts
GTS' aren't as fast as I thought they were. Either they have sucky drivers or aren't making as much power as Toyota claims. I stayed on one's ass one night and could have passed him but I found it more entertaining to hear him Rev this thing for all it's worth and still not leave me.:D

·
Registered
103 Posts
didnt they lower the rev limiter on the new gts? they make alot of horsepwer but in terms of being fast im not sure about em

·
Registered
184 Posts
rev limiter has been dropped alot
from 8200 to 7600
what's sad is that a matrix gets to rev to 8200 and the celica gets to suck it

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
90VrX said:
rev limiter has been dropped alot
from 8200 to 7600
what's sad is that a matrix gets to rev to 8200 and the celica gets to suck it

just for 02 celica. 03 celica gets it back.

Auto Celica GTS is slow. you didn't beat him? :eek:

·
Registered
712 Posts
yeah, gt-s auto is slow man, my friend in his 91' 240sx with slight weight reduction gave one those the business on the freeway a couple months back.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Celica GTS

Curb weight 2500lbs

HP [email protected]
TQ [email protected]

M/T got a 0-60 time of 7.3 sec/Quarter mile 15.5/91.5 this is with the 6 speed manual

With those number I don't see why a healthy V6 Accord should not have a problem making one scream for a narrow victory.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
auto is usually 1 second slower than the manual version.
so you can guess what gt-s auto would be like.
there are many AV6ers in av6dotcom that smokes auto GTS... :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
n00b.OnLine said:
auto is usually 1 second slower than the manual version.
so you can guess what gt-s auto would be like.
there are many AV6ers in av6dotcom that smokes auto GTS... :D
hey did you get a new 03 accord?? if so did u trade in ure 6th gen one for it??

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Taktix1 said:
hey did you get a new 03 accord?? if so did u trade in ure 6th gen one for it??
sup?
well no i haven't, because 6-spd is not even out yet.
im planning to get accord ex v6 6-spd, which will be out by next january(honda press release), so i still have to wait for at least 3 months. :(

but yea, im going to trade my 6th gen for 7th gen. they'll rip me off though. trade-in is a rip off method for dealers.. :mad:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
yah, the auto gts are slow asss shiiit....however the 6 speed i've seen them run mid to high 14's w/ simple bolt-ons....unless theyre the 02's w/ their crappy ass fuel cutoff at 7800 versus the 8400..

·
Registered
257 Posts
There's a guy at www.newcelica.org that ran a GT-S 6spd 14.7 stock, and 14.3 with just an intake. His driving was completely insane, though. 6000rpm drop-clutch launch, good throttle modulation to prevent smoking the tires, rev-limiter every gear, and on video too! :eek:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
SteV6er said:
There's a guy at www.newcelica.org that ran a GT-S 6spd 14.7 stock, and 14.3 with just an intake. His driving was completely insane, though. 6000rpm drop-clutch launch, good throttle modulation to prevent smoking the tires, rev-limiter every gear, and on video too! :eek:

hell i saw that. i've met that guy in *******.
i have all his videos..... its amazing......
i saw that one with 6krpm drop too.. he is a crazy shifter..

·
Registered
152 Posts
n00b.OnLine said:
sup?
well no i haven't, because 6-spd is not even out yet.
im planning to get accord ex v6 6-spd, which will be out by next january(honda press release), so i still have to wait for at least 3 months. :(

but yea, im going to trade my 6th gen for 7th gen. they'll rip me off though. trade-in is a rip off method for dealers.. :mad:
yeah i have another thread on here about trading in my car but they will prolly crush me when i trade in my car too..maybe you could try selling it commercially instead of just trading it in so you can get more money? (problem is you have to pay for ads and such but maybe it'll sell quick! you never know..) well we'll both just have to wait and see..but hey when you find out how much the dealer will take your car for let me know! thanks..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts