Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it didnt take too long, maybe 2 full days total but i ran into some strange problems!! but its out and on a stand being disassembled :) i will be rebuilding the block with new bearings, pistons and rings, and then building h23 vtec ALONE...this is obviously risky shit but fuck it im goin for it!!

wish me luck fellas...

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
good luck man! hope everything works out for you!

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
good luck and make sure you have some left over cash for a stock h22 block so if/when the h23vtec fails youll be able to buy an h22 block and slap the head on it

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
crdcz03 said:
good luck and make sure you have some left over cash for a stock h22 block so if/when the h23vtec fails youll be able to buy an h22 block and slap the head on it
If he's breaking into his engine he should have some extra cash set aside, or an extra car cause you just may need it.

But I wish you the best of luck man.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Freakin'H22A said:
Patient is key in doing this, make sure you hava a Torque wrench and torque everything accordingly.

My 0.02 cents ;)
haha yeah i even got the $100 craftsman torque wrence instead of the $11 harbor freight one...and yeah not 1 bolt will be put on untorqued, i am real anal ;)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
crdcz03 said:
you think itll definitely fail? what ever happened with your setup...didnt you lose oil pressure somehow?

and yeah i got some funds to work with, and i have a daily driver boring car so i will be using whatever time it takes to do it right :) im lookin forward to it :byye

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Weenie said:
you think itll definitely fail? what ever happened with your setup...didnt you lose oil pressure somehow?

and yeah i got some funds to work with, and i have a daily driver boring car so i will be using whatever time it takes to do it right :) im lookin forward to it :byye
definitely? no... but a lot of them do. mine was broken the day it was built and i dont care to go explaining it again. if you want you can search for it.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha sorry to ask about bad memories man...ill search

i think most of them fail cause people rush through it...im a perfectionist in no hurry so i will be measuring everything with plastigage and micrometers etc to be sure its in spec. plus i have some h22 oil squirters lying around so ill put those in.

but...i just found a full jdm swap with lsd for 1500 locally so i may just buy that and sell all the parts i have...so ill have to work it out before i decide for sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.