Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the other day im on my way home and a pos sunfire pulls up next to me at a red light and so ya i smoked his ass just not the undercover cop behind me. thankfully i got a warning dont ask how.
But listen to this i was on my way to tampa and a state trooper pulled me over also. He said that my exaust was illegal since it was aftermarket. I was like wtf. So where the hell does he get this from??? i think he was just bored and wanted to f with me. damn cops!!:fu

·
Registered
933 Posts
Ya they use to do that around my way to, then we just started telling the D.A that its fixed and they drop the ticket. Now the cops don't pull us for that shit anymore it makes their record look bad

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
1st off.
You're an idiot, stop racing on the streets.
2nd off, I live in Tampa also.
You should of told the FHP to hang it in his ass, FL has NO laws as far as not allowing aftermarket exhausts goes. If that was the case (especially in the Tampa area) 89% of all the cars out here would be illegal.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
so the other day im on my way home and a pos sunfire pulls up next to me at a red light and so ya i smoked his ass just not the undercover cop behind me. thankfully i got a warning dont ask how.
But listen to this i was on my way to tampa and a state trooper pulled me over also. He said that my exaust was illegal since it was aftermarket. I was like wtf. So where the hell does he get this from??? i think he was just bored and wanted to f with me. damn cops!!:fu
A SUNFIRE?!?!?!?! Seriously, what possessed you to feel the need to race a fucking Sunfire? That's pretty weak dude, I agree with Jo060 - keep the racing off the streets. Especially when it's against a car that has no business racing anyway...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
A SUNFIRE?!?!?!?! Seriously, what possessed you to feel the need to race a fucking Sunfire? That's pretty weak dude, I agree with Jo060 - keep the racing off the streets. Especially when it's against a car that has no business racing anyway...
Right on.
I sent a lil' repsex your way.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the only reason i did try him is because his gf or somethin in the front also was hott as hell and i figured what the hell why not make him look like a dumb ass. But ya i agree racing shouldnt be for the streets and i catch myself every once in a while. It makes us look bad as a group when one of us drives like a dumb as* sorry man but yall are right!!:eek2

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
hey. as long as you realize it..it's cool!
welcome to SHO

·
Registered
648 Posts
Street racing is bad especilly when people are around.
Granted I go out to the races and I romp on my car I don't race unless I know that there will be very little danger to people around us as in if it's a public highway or something like that with very little chance of some one pulling out of walking across the street I'll play around with people but nothin crazy. So I agree keep the racing off the streets I'm looking forward to moving I heard there is a pretty nice track right by my area.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
^^^Yeah, there's a couple of places. KCIR is a dragstrip up in the KC area, you might have seen it on Pinks. There's also auto-x out at Arrowhead (home of the Chiefs :number1) There's a couple of other places too...when you movin out here anyway?

·
Registered
648 Posts
^^^Yeah, there's a couple of places. KCIR is a dragstrip up in the KC area, you might have seen it on Pinks. There's also auto-x out at Arrowhead (home of the Chiefs :number1) There's a couple of other places too...when you movin out here anyway?
Weres shooting leave here on the 23 so 26-27 depends on how long we want to drive each day.

·
Registered
909 Posts
im in west palm beach im only like a half from moroso motorsports park, its the shit. and wow, by the way i found some more people from FL. i never did find many on here

·
Registered
648 Posts
Right on bro :w00tz I get my DL back on Oct. 1st so we'll have to get together sometime after that...
lol I would like to hit the autox but my stage 4 clutch probally wont agree with me having to push it soo much, drag strip thoe all day all night.
why did you even get it taken away street racing :clappy lol

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
lol I would like to hit the autox but my stage 4 clutch probally wont agree with me having to push it soo much, drag strip thoe all day all night.
why did you even get it taken away street racing :clappy lol
Not so much :rolleyes Try a double dose of DUI. Lost my license for a year, but it gets reinstated two weeks from tomorrow. I have to go get a breathalyzer installed in my car though :mad It's all good though, I learned my lesson as far as that goes. I haven't been up to KCIR in a couple years, but I know there's always stuff going on up there. I'll have to check and see if they have anything going on around the time you get out here and maybe we can meet up and check it out...

·
Registered
648 Posts
Not so much :rolleyes Try a double dose of DUI. Lost my license for a year, but it gets reinstated two weeks from tomorrow. I have to go get a breathalyzer installed in my car though :mad It's all good though, I learned my lesson as far as that goes. I haven't been up to KCIR in a couple years, but I know there's always stuff going on up there. I'll have to check and see if they have anything going on around the time you get out here and maybe we can meet up and check it out...
How big are those things I would install it underneath a seat :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats up everyone....
So turns out i did get a ticket for my aftermarket exaust! this sucks. It is a $89 ticket. I never even knew that having a magnaflow exaust would cause me to have a ticket. Its not because of the noise either....
He said anything aftermarket done to the engine is illegal! thank god he didnt look under the hood. in that case we would all be pretty screwed

·
Registered
909 Posts
Whats up everyone....
So turns out i did get a ticket for my aftermarket exaust! this sucks. It is a $89 ticket. I never even knew that having a magnaflow exaust would cause me to have a ticket. Its not because of the noise either....
He said anything aftermarket done to the engine is illegal! thank god he didnt look under the hood. in that case we would all be pretty screwed
seriously dude get a public defender and take that shit to court. there are no inspections/emissions, therefore there is no regulation on what can and cant be on a car in FL. hes just pissed off that he cant get you on anything else.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Yeah, I've never heard of that one before. If that were the case, there would be thousands of cars on the road getting ticketed every day. Also, there are tons of aftermarket parts, including exhausts, that come with CARB approval so they are street and emissions legal...

·
Registered
648 Posts
In Florida there is is a law that you can't modify your exhaust to emit anything louder then factory, it's rarely inforced if your nice to the officer they usally will just give you a warning.

·
Super Nazi Mod
5,806 Posts
In Florida there is is a law that you can't modify your exhaust to emit anything louder then factory, it's rarely inforced if your nice to the officer they usally will just give you a warning.
not true. this falls under the sound ordinance. the exhaust noise can be over factory levels, but cannot not be over what the ordinance allows. most of the time if you get pulled over for this the cop is an asshole or your running straight exhaust and the cop is an asshole. either way the cop is being an ass

1 - 20 of 48 Posts