Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everbody, I was just wondering if anybody out there has installed an AEM Tru-Power Pulley Kit on a 99-00 Civic Si. I want to get one, but I just want to know how hard it is and what the real advantages and disadvantages are. Can anyone give me some installation instructions or pics or anything? Here is a link for ya.

http://www.aempower.com/product_pulley.asp

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help me out. :D

·
Registered
112 Posts
The power steering is cake. Throw the Alternator one away or sell it on ebay. If you are running any kind of sound system on your car its going to cause it to DIE at redlights. It also puts a lot of strain on your alternator and electrical system.

To install the power steering pulley, lower the power steering rack by loosening the wing nut and removing one of the bolts. Remove the old belt. JAM SOMETHING IN THE OLD PULLEY TO STOP IT FROM MOVING. Take off the old pulley, replace and put on belt and raise back the rack to give tension on the belt.

Again I highly reccomend you get rid of the ALT pulley. I am running just the Power Steering.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.