Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was cruising a WRX and some idiot on a civic turns lanes into me really quick. i should have hit the brakes but i didnt, instead i pulled to the left and cut off a new ES330. he starts to tailgate me and when the guy in front of me gets out of the way i hit it in 3rd and then 4th and was at 140 faster than my bro could say "slow down moron". so i slow down to 50 and hes coming really fast, probably about 80 MPH. i hit it in 3rd and pull on him before he even gets ahead of the nose of my car. then i slow down and he gets ahead of me. he floors it and i put in 3rd and get ahead of him so easily. then we take the exit to the major highway from sub-highway and he hits it before me. i slam it in 2nd and cruise by him while he is flipping me off. he takes the next exit for obvious reasons.

P.S. That is my bros WRX. i have a 2003 accord. 1994 civic Si. my bro dennis has a 98 prelude so dont flame on me about this being a honda forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,479 Posts
Neither my dad's LS400 (worst V8 known to man) and my sister's ES300 are god awful slow. Even my truck will out accelerate both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 2004 WRX has no mods yet but some are coming soon and videos are coming. WRX vs prelude. WRX vs accord. WRX vs legend and more. anyways it was an es330 not a gay 300. my cousin just got one (female cousin) and it hauls pretty good. im not bragging about it, a WRX beats an ES easily, its just that these 2 guys in the car thought they were the shit flippin me off so i had to learn em. my brother has beaten every lexus except for the new GS V8 which i think has a six speed manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Dennis316 said:
The 2004 WRX has no mods yet but some are coming soon and videos are coming. WRX vs prelude. WRX vs accord. WRX vs legend and more. anyways it was an es330 not a gay 300. my cousin just got one (female cousin) and it hauls pretty good. im not bragging about it, a WRX beats an ES easily, its just that these 2 guys in the car thought they were the shit flippin me off so i had to learn em. my brother has beaten every lexus except for the new GS V8 which i think has a six speed manual.
I drove my bosses ES330, they're nice cars, but they aren't very quick, but then again they weren't built to be sports cars so it doesn't matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,822 Posts
Dennis316 said:
i was cruising a WRX and some idiot on a civic turns lanes into me really quick. i should have hit the brakes but i didnt, instead i pulled to the left and cut off a new ES330. he starts to tailgate me and when the guy in front of me gets out of the way i hit it in 3rd and then 4th and was at 140 faster than my bro could say "slow down moron". so i slow down to 50 and hes coming really fast, probably about 80 MPH. i hit it in 3rd and pull on him before he even gets ahead of the nose of my car. then i slow down and he gets ahead of me. he floors it and i put in 3rd and get ahead of him so easily. then we take the exit to the major highway from sub-highway and he hits it before me. i slam it in 2nd and cruise by him while he is flipping me off. he takes the next exit for obvious reasons.

P.S. That is my bros WRX. i have a 2003 accord. 1994 civic Si. my bro dennis has a 98 prelude so dont flame on me about this being a honda forum.
Don't matter what car you got. You're always welcome. I know loads of people on here that never had Hondas. But anyways, nice kill.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
nice kill..... i like the headlights from the 04+ better then the earlier models...


Dennis316 said:
i hit it in 3rd and then 4th and was at 140 faster than my bro could say "slow down moron".
you couldn't have hit 140 unless you were going downhill. their ECM speed limiter kicks in at 130.... STI's are limited to 147..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,822 Posts
isnbrg9 said:
nice kill..... i like the headlights from the 04+ better then the earlier models...
Yeah. Same, but I just hate the tail lights and bumper covers on the 05 model. lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
187 Posts
I'm trying to upload a picture. If I cant get it up here I will send it to you.
Anyway you might have heard of him. Justin Humphries? He just got into racing last year with it. I'm sure you've heard of Paul Efantis (Toyota Solara- [email protected])his brother Krystos runs a 7 second Supra and Scott Mohler(9 second Neon). They are all from Frederick Maryland. I will post pics of Justins car if I can.
Read middle section Justin And Paul had to race eachother in the finals.

www.12volt.com/archives/2004/us102504.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,194 Posts
Stock and you punsished him? They aren't that slow, plus they have more room, much more comfortable and don't wobble at a stop light. They are 3472lbs with 225hp and 240lb-ft, with an auto tranny they have similar loss as a wrx, but their key feature is they have a lot more power under the curver being an N/A V6 versus a high strung turbo 4. I raced an ES when I was stock, adn yeah from a roll I took him, but it wasn't a slaughter, especially with stock up and dp the wrx ran out of steam pretty hard towards the top of the gear, the only advantage is weight, and handling of course. As far as beating every lexus are you sure they were racing? A GS400 will pull like hell on a stock WRX, an IS300 5 speed will pull slightly from a roll, GS300 again will pull slightly from a roll even with the weight(about 190hp to the ground)and a GS430 or SC430 will absolutely RAPE a stock WRX.

As far as the 130mph limit, if it's an 04-05 sedan that's correct, but I have seen a few revs of ECM that are not limited straight from the factory. If it's an 04-05 wagon it has no limiter for some odd reason.

Anyhow decent kill...I suppose. Instead of racing accords and preludes why not gut the UP and DP, add an MBC and have fun killing things a bit peppier.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you couldn't have hit 140 unless you were going downhill. their ECM speed limiter kicks in at 130.... STI's are limited to 147..[/QUOTE]



ive hit 140 on it many times. not done hill either. anyways i will try get it on film or picture if you wanna see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
747 Posts
illusion said:
As far as the 130mph limit, if it's an 04-05 sedan that's correct, but I have seen a few revs of ECM that are not limited straight from the factory. If it's an 04-05 wagon it has no limiter for some odd reason.
no limiter on wagons?? damn, didn't know that. that's pretty crazy. i thought everything was the same on sedans and wagons, except of course for the body...

Dennis316 said:
ive hit 140 on it many times. not done hill either. anyways i will try get it on film or picture if you wanna see.
looks like your brother is one of the lucky ones, with the revision illusion is talking about!! sure, why not post up some 140mph runs? i'm always game for some high-speed footage....
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top