Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to be the first... so I thought of something to sell...

PUSH BUTTON STARTS... gotta love 'em! They're kinda like the ones in the s2000, only you can choose red, blue, or clear!

THIS IS a complete kit, and includes everything you need to install it. Instructions, push button starter w/ lens of your choice, wires, and Relay. You only have to tap into 4 wires to get it hooked up!

$45 shipped, any takers!??! TO US and CANADA!!! I got TONS of 'em!
I'll take money orders and paypal. If you want to pay with visa, mastercard, or american express I'll take it but I have to add an extra $1.50 terminal fee. (which is the price of a money order and stamp, and a LOT quicker than snail mail!)

· Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, you install the actual PUSH BUTTON by driling a 1" hole into a dash, interior panel, or you can even rig up a cool looking assembly for a more SHOWY look! You still need a key (so nobody can steal the car) to turn over the auxilary power, and to unlock the steering column, etc.

After you turn over the key... you just push the button the fire the ignition.

The purpose... well, it's the same as why they used it for s2000's. This doesn't add any horsepower (obviously) and serves no other purpose than for looks, show, and to brag about being able to start your car by the push of a button; having an S2000 or race car push button start! I don't know who first came up with the idea to have it in a race car... but it's cool! Honda thought so too, so that's why they put it on their top-end sports car. It's easy to install if you have ANY knowledge of automotive electrical wiring!

· Registered
224 Posts
Hey im wondering civicNos1 ... does it fit on ne car cause i have a honda prelude and im wanting to put it on it.....and im also wondering if it says.."Engine Start" on it....o yea... is it like a solid red color like the S2k or is it diff... cause if its a solid color then i can do.....

· Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
these don't say "engine start" on them, and it's kind of translucent (see-thru).

second, these work on just about any car! Hondas, acuras, chevy, ford.. etc..

I've even put one on a honda cbr. If anybody's got a bike they look cool on those too! Anyway, all you need is electric start.. don't know too many vehicles without one..

So, yes it'll work on your prelude. The most dificult part of the install is deciding where to put it. A lot of people go the easy route and just put it where the S2000 has its' button (or something similar). But it've put them in windshield visors (by request), in the middle of gauge pods, just about anywhere on the dash... it's up to you. Depends on how skilled you are at CUSTOM, or how imaginative you think!

· Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's already LOW ENOUGH, GEEZ! The rate with shipping (at superhonda, and NOT at my site) is $45... I usuall sell them for $74, but on the web --------since everybody gets stuff so cheap---------- I had to lower the price to $54. not including $8 for shipping. So, I'm basically selling them for $37 each without shipping.

I can offer you a deal on shipping though, if you buy like 6... two of each color. Instead of buying 6 for $45 each,

which adds up to $270 by the way...

I'll ship them ALL to you for $8. (price of 1), while the buttons are still $37 total would be $230.

In the end, how's $40 cheaper sound?

If you're set frim at wanting 4, I'll ship them for $20 instead of $32.

· Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yep... welcome to the world of aftermarket ...

(although LudeAction, it looks like you'd been in that world for a while :) )

Originally Posted by LudeAction
well, the oem factory s2k kit is only 39.99, i checked today...but that is just red..
:confused: Well, the oem factory civic rims are only $500.99, i checked today also... but you pay $700-1500 (and more) for aftermarket!

· Registered
147 Posts
You all know that all you have to do is go to Radio Shack and buy one for 5$ and they have the 2 and 4 wire ones....Just a little advise...

I hate seeing people waist money when they could be saving it some where.

· Registered
224 Posts
I can offer you a deal on shipping though, if you buy like 6... two of each color. Instead of buying 6 for $45 each,

which adds up to $270 by the way...

I'll ship them ALL to you for $8. (price of 1), while the buttons are still $37 total would be $230.

In the end, how's $40 cheaper sound?

If you're set frim at wanting 4, I'll ship them for $20 instead of $32.

I dont understand your offer... Yes i do want 4 so...tell me where this 32 is coming from man...give me a stand still number on 4 plus shippin..thanx

· Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NO, you don't have to hold the key in place, just turn to power up the lights, etc....

SO, NITROEDHX, did you see these at radio shack for $5, or was it just the RELAY... ? Tell the truth....

THE FIRM PRICE FOR 4 is $166. The twenty and the thrity-two dollar thing, i was going on about just the shipping... That's 20 bucks cheaper for quantity...

· Registered
147 Posts
CivicNOS1 said:

SO, NITROEDHX, did you see these at radio shack for $5, or was it just the RELAY... ? Tell the truth....
well aside from the fact I have friends that work there and we do this stuff for fun...Like making palm size camers to cameras that fit the size of 14mm bolt head with mic.

Yes that is the button and relay if you want it. I don't and will not tell you if it is a negitave or postive relay... The relay is 3$ and 2$ for the button.

· Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah, It's an S2000. Sorry if I caused a mix-up. I've got a civic, and I'll try to get pics of the INSTALLED button for everybody. I got a crappy 35mm camera though, so expect at least 3 days..

:D Sorry, but I can't spring the cash for the 1 hour photo...:D

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Not to bastardize this thread, but the oem S2000 button is 37 bucks at the Honda dealer. This looks better and is of much better quality then some Euro Type R crap. Plus it does say engine start and lights up really nice at night. The real S2k button may be slightly harder to install, but you can show the rest of the ricer boys that you have the genuine article, not some knockoff. And the engine start button can serve one purpose, if you hide it, it can be a great security feature.

How do I know?
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5363

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.