Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well last night i got bored and found a push button switch and decided to put it in my crx to have a push button start. It was a real easy mod took maybe 20 minutes the hardest part is getting to the wires. just pop of the cover under the steering column and there will be two bundles of wire. find the black/white and black/yellow wire and hook a wire to each of them and run the two wires to the switch and thats it

i took a crappy video of it too
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v356/96highline/?action=view&current=SUNP0009.flv

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just splice into the black/white and black/yellow wires under the steering column one is the starter wire and the other is the ignition wire its pretty simple dont think it needs much of a writeup. if you cut the starter wire you cant start the car by the key which is good to keep it from being stolen. and you find a spot where u want the switch and drill a hold for it

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I don't know how much current your switch can handle, but you might want to run the switch to activate a relay, which will actually start the car. I had mine running off a push button for a while, and it burnt up the switch. Plus, i got tired of getting in the car and turning the key because of habit to start it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts