Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
1) a digital video camcorder that can transfer files through USB, Firewire, etc.

-or-

2) a video card that has a video input (yellow plug)

i would recommend the video card over the digital video camcorder mainly because of the price.

·
Registered
461 Posts
well, if you have a digital video camera, it'll be cheaper for you to buy a firewire pci card or if your motherboard is equipped then you're all set and you don't need to buy shit.
If you have a regular video camera without a digital video out on it it'll be pretty alright too. I got my capture card for 68 bucks CAD it's a winfast something I can't remebebr I'm not at home righ tnow. It's awesome and gets the job done with bigtime quality.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my camcorder does have a dv out

what else do i need?
-the firewire thing
and
-the card? (dont think i have one)

what about software

·
Registered
461 Posts
You don't need the capture card but you need the firewire card if your motherboard doesn't already have it/

Go and download Ulead Video Studio 7 it's a powerful program for video capture and editing

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is firewire different from usb?

is it easy to install a firewire card if i dont already have one?

·
Registered
461 Posts
yeah firewire is different from usb, don't ask me how different because I do notknowbut if you've ever installed aPCI card before, you'l know how to instal a firewire card. You can buy one from pretty much any electronics/computer store for around 30 bucks CAD and that's like highest markup my ass you could go being 30 bucks.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
smoothessence said:
You don't need the capture card but you need the firewire card if your motherboard doesn't already have it/

Go and download Ulead Video Studio 7 it's a powerful program for video capture and editing

i bought the firewire card/cable

is there any site that has a free dL of that program Ulead Video Studio 7? I found one, but the dL site doesnt work

any other [free] program suggestions?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dLed it.. what should i do now?

i clicked "apply" but it asks me to pick a file for it.. dont know what to do

1 - 17 of 17 Posts