Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i purchased a precision power amplifier DCX 1000.1 for $400. i'm planning to run a 12" jL audio W7 off that thing. i was told that after they were bought out by that viper company, (alarms) their stuff (quality-wise) isn't as great as it used to be. should i sell/return it? or is this all-nonsense?

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
allshownogo said:
i purchased a precision power amplifier DCX 1000.1 for $400. i'm planning to run a 12" jL audio W7 off that thing. i was told that after they were bought out by that viper company, (alarms) their stuff (quality-wise) isn't as great as it used to be. should i sell/return it? or is this all-nonsense?
It's one of those "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" kind of things here. Personally, not a fan of any series of amps after the Pro's, and I didn't like them as much. The killer amps of the PPI name are the A series, truly some workhouse, powerhouse, kickass SQ amps.

Viper owns half of car audio BTW, LOL.

·
Registered
189 Posts
ya dei does own alot of the companies out there. but not sure on the ppi stuff.
it outta be good but not sure.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VTECnicalAccord said:
It's one of those "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" kind of things here. Personally, not a fan of any series of amps after the Pro's, and I didn't like them as much. The killer amps of the PPI name are the A series, truly some workhouse, powerhouse, kickass SQ amps.

Viper owns half of car audio BTW, LOL.
true. i just hope when i hook the sucker up i won't get a heat exhausted amp or a blown subwoofer. hurt my thin wallet. they tried to sell me a "hifonics" amplifier 2200 watts for like 300$ also? ah

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
allshownogo said:
true. i just hope when i hook the sucker up i won't get a heat exhausted amp or a blown subwoofer. hurt my thin wallet. they tried to sell me a "hifonics" amplifier 2200 watts for like 300$ also? ah
Hey man, don't take it as I was dissing it. Some of us just have different ideas of what we consider quality. It's probably a soild amp, I wouldn't fret over it. Hifonics makes some good stuf to. To each their own my man.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
VTECnicalAccord said:
Hey man, don't take it as I was dissing it. Some of us just have different ideas of what we consider quality. It's probably a soild amp, I wouldn't fret over it. Hifonics makes some good stuf to. To each their own my man.
no offense taken :) . i haven't being doing my homework lately. it's been like 3 years ever since the last time i been here. just wanted 2nd opinions that's all. appreciate it alot. thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
WHAT THE HELL?

OK... a little history lesson:

Directed (DEI) now owns: Viper, PPI, Orion, A/D/S...... and the quality has gone to hell....

HiFonics... WAS top notch... their amps were designed and built by Zed Audio (Stephan Mantz... amplifier design god!)... until the Generation X series....

after that, they got bought by Maxxsonics and its mostly junk now....

My suggestions for nice amps... in no special order:

Phoenix Gold Titanium... discountinued, but still available....
Phoenix Gold Xenon
Zed Audio's new amps... (HELLA BEEFY!.. http://www.zedaudio.com/ pardon the shitty website, he just got it up....)
TRU
USAmps
Diamond....
Old Orion, Old PPI, Old A/D/S...

For me: I stick with Phoenix Gold and older Orion, PPI, A/D/S these days... or ANYTHING built by Mantz....

·
Registered
189 Posts
the new hifonics stuff is still pretty good might not be as good as it used to be but its still good. the new orion stuff is ok too. haven't been impressed by US amps. the tru stuff is supposed to be nice.

but yes steven mantz is a smart guy and his amps were top notch i had an old lanzar optidrive 1000d built by him and it was nice. the new optidrives are still good but not as good as the old 1s.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I am really loving my Phoenix Gold Xenon 100.4 amp, I used to be a MTX person. I am in the rebuilding stages of my system and I will be purchasing the Xenon 600.1 to power a JL 10w7 within a few weeks.

Ahh, I need to sound dampen my car, that's next on my list, anybody in the DFW want to do it for me? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts