Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 accord and for some reason no sound is coming out from the speakers...its been like this for about a week...honda saids that there's something wrong with the head unit and thier gonna order me a new one but the problem is...its on back-ordered and they dont' know when it will be ship...I'm wondering if anyone knows if its possible the stock cd changer can be used with a aftermarket receiver and if anyone has any pictures of how it would like with an aftermarket reciever...

·
Registered
403 Posts
unfortunately your stock cd changer wont work with an aftermarket radio. however i do have good news for you. depending on what accord you have the do make a dash kit for it. they actually have a couple. they have a kit that goes where your factory pocket is now. theres also a kit that goes where your current radio is with single zone climate controls and the dual zone kit should be availabe now if not within the next two weeks. An aftermarket radio would be alot nicer then your stock one. ohh yeah i know its and in dash 6 disc if you have that option. GL hope this helps

·
Registered
314 Posts
i'm not sure about the new accords but i know that in the 6th gen. accords the head units and cd changers were actually manufactured by alpine. if that is still the case, you may be able to find an Alpine Head Unit that will operate your cd changer. I know that alot of people have connected "honda" head units to alpine cd changer's in the past. it just requires a wire harness adapter. Might be something to check into...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts