Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I just lowered my car with eibach prokits and
Bilstein shocks. I also put 17" rims on with 215/40/17 tires.
I was wondering if I need to get a camber kit or not?
If i do, how much do they run for and how much to get it installed?
I don't really have much right now, so if it's not necessary, i would rather not get them.

· Registered
176 Posts
get an alignment... then decide if you need a camber kit. stock spec is front
-1.00 to 1.00 degrees , rear -1.00 to 0.00 degrees.

for comparison i just had my car aligned after lowering with neuspeed sports and bilstein HD's... (on my '95 it was 1.7" front, 1.5" rear... close to a 1 finger gap all around)
front before /after:
left right
camber -1.7 -1.4
toe -0.22"/-0.01" -0.23"/0.00"

rear before /after:
camber -1.5 -1.2
toe -0.15"/0.00" +0.3"/-0.00"

as you can see my toe was way off... i actually noticed a smoother ride after the alignment... still harsh, but smoother. i think it's really weird how my left side camber is just a tad more negative than the right side. the shop quoted me $480 something for adjustable ball joints front, and adjustable upper control arms rear, including install and a free 4 wheel alignment afterwards. what does everyone think... does that sound like an ok deal?

· Registered
36 Posts
i think thats way too expensive. my friend just got a set of progress camber kits for all four corners installed for 200 plus a $60 dollar alignment. its perfect now with no rubbing. hes running 18' type c2's with a speedtech drop.

· Registered
50 Posts
xchinamanx said:
Hey, I just lowered my car with eibach prokits and
Bilstein shocks. I also put 17" rims on with 215/40/17 tires.
I was wondering if I need to get a camber kit or not?
If i do, how much do they run for and how much to get it installed?
I don't really have much right now, so if it's not necessary, i would rather not get them.
ummm, you don't really need a camber kit with the prokits, the only way the camber can get knocked out of spec with the prokits is if you have stock shocks, over time they will make your ride soft and bouncy. for instance, that is what happened with me, i have prokits and stock shocks and my camber is off, but since you have shocks you should be okay.

just remember to get an alignment, cuz if your toe is out of spec, that is what will kill the tires the most.

hope i helped :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.