Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of building up my gsr engine, and using a nos direct port 100 shot nitrous system. I want to get higher compression pistons. Whats the HIGHEST compression ratio I could run using pump gas 92 octane max with a 100 shot???

Thanks

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
you want to run 100shot and higher compression? wrong direction.

·
Registered
171 Posts
There's a guy on here w/ a yellow/black GSR with a 100 shot, forget his name. DON'T raise you compression.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i run 10.6:1 compression and have been spraying since i got the car. ?
just dont go too high.

·
Registered
433 Posts
11:0 cr

11:5 if ur gonna get tuned..

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
whoa here! high C/R and N2O DP = wrong direction.

damn, what was i thinking all this time.

i'm currently running 11:1 comp. with 125 shot DP.
same kit you are speaking of, NOS #02040 direct port for B18C1.
one step colder plugs with ignition retard. runs great with ignition units, FPR, Fuel pump and stock ECU. 93 octane also.

if you build up the internals, pistons/rods/rings/valves/hardware, you'll be fine with some basic tuning and precautions. as roby mentioned i wouldn't go much above 11:1 without some good tuning. i'm going Hondata soon so i can fine tune it and be safe.

if you want to run stock that's ok too, just jet it at 75 instead of 100 or 125 so the motor lasts awhile. just follow the rules and you'll be fine.

later

·
Registered
433 Posts
kenny,
u got that msd retard right? just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
roby said:
kenny,
u got that msd retard right? just wanted to make sure.
yeah i got the unit last Monday, but i haven't installed it yet cause i've been so busy with all kinds of stuff. i'm lookin to do it today or tomorrow. i'm just curious, did you send the pills with the box or didn't they come with it new? no big deal cause i've picked up some in the meantime.

BTW, how's the car coming along? still going turbo etc.??

later
:D

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
whatsnaws? said:
what about a d series engine, what can that engine hold direct port? d16y7
i've never used N2O on a D series motor so it's hard to say really.
if it's in good shape i'd say 50-65 shot dry, MAYBE 75 direct port (or wet) but i don't think it would be worth it if you have to bend lines and mount everything because the motor may not last long with that kind of injection. though it would be a nice power increase.

you could always try it and see. be careful of course.

later

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i wouldnt go that far with a d series unless you are planning on keeping ot for a long time . . . for bragging rigght to have a single cam that is fast.
but your gonna need to build it .
unless you want to take that leap , your just gonna juice it till it blows.

·
Registered
433 Posts
had a lotta probs ken...arghh.

got the block back , coo...take to machine shop to get fitted for the 84mm pistons. one snag, missing a main cap and the shop that sold it to me didnt give me 1-5 , they gave me 2 1's and 2 5's...clear that up. now the guy at shop is askn me why the heck i didnt get it oringed...i told him i didnt cuz the guy i bought it from said it wasnt possible...come to find out it is arghhh. my b16 head is missing cam caps aswell...sigh. hate life hate the car. but im pretty broke now so thats good:rolleyes: . i have a venom mani that im gonna plumb for dp..its gonna look crazy..hopefully done in 3 weeks.
sigh:confused:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
roby, sorry to hear you've had some hurdles to jump before getting the motor together. it never goes as smooth as you hope for when doing buildups like these. :confused:

what motor are you using, the B18C1? you got it resleeved by GE? so your staying on the bottle or turbo or both eventually??
what kind of preping are you having done to the motor?

have some patience and keep a cool head, things will work out in the end and you'll have a great motor to run.

later
;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
ken,
ur right,..i need to breathe....sigh.
block is a gsr sleeved at ge , pistons are ross 84mm 10:1 cr ceramic coated at www.hpcoatings.com .eagle rods, cosmetic gasket. head is a jdm 1stgen b16a w/ skunk 2 ti retainers and springs and ferrera .5mm oversized valves. all going into a gsr body. just going to spray for a while...peicing together my turbo..precision pt60 turbine. gotta sell stock shortblock and head. planing on runing both the n20 and turbo together:) we'll see what we can do w / good tuning via standalone. probably speedpro, aem or hondata.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
cool sounds like you got a plan then!

my setup plan is pretty close to yours BTW.
i'm planning on sleeving at GE soon, then increasing the shot for now til i decide on and piece together a Turbo setup. possibly with the N2O also, but i'm not sure yet.

in the meantime i'm lookin at new axles and Hondata stage 2B while i'm sprayin.

you mentioned something about selling the stock shortblock and head. you mean the GSR stuff from the Teg??

later

·
Registered
433 Posts
yep,. im selln the shortblock and the head.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
roby said:
yep,. im selln the shortblock and the head.
99? how much and what condition?

i've been looking for a GSR head for awhile now, for my GF's GSR block. but i think i've found one from MD, should know by the w/e. just thought maybe i'd consider buying your stuff though you live much further away and i need an OBD1 head to make it easy.

let me know either way, i may find a buyer if you want to ship the whole thing.

later

·
Registered
433 Posts
its is real good condition/...has 13k on the motor and body. lookn for somethin like 17k for the car. has new rotas and brand new tires, comptech exhaust, two tone paint...sigh , i think u can change the obd by changing what kinda distributor u use on it.
roby

1 - 20 of 30 Posts