Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im new to this site and this is a two part question. i am thinking about buying a 2007 civic si.. its a very nice car and im in love with it. it has 82000 miles on in it and they were asking 14k for it. i ended up talking them down to 12.5k. is this a good deal? i was told they owned the car for 12.2k and would only be making $300 dollars off of it. i have done some research and NADA says its worth $16000 but im not sure. part 2. is buying a car with 82000 miles on it worth it. thats alot of miles to put on a car in 2 years. buts it drives amazing?! is there and estimated life on these engines? outside of frequent oil changes and good gas? any help would be greatly appreciated!
xmouser is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

· Registered
17,589 Posts
that is a shitload of miles to put on in two years, but im sure theres plenty of k20's running around with double that mileage or more and still running fine.

as long as they maintained it, it sounds like a good buy to me. just ask them if they have any maintenance records.

· Registered
4,633 Posts
If it's properly maintained throughout its life including all scheduled maintenance intervals and the replacement of life limited parts...almost all Honda motors will outlast the life of the vehicle. There's several examples of Honda and Toyota motors clocking over 1 million kilometers.

That mileage level is probably indicative of a lot of highway commuting, so it's probably a lot of easy going low rpm cruising.

The only thing to be weary about when purchasing used "performance" vehicles is that they may develop some annoying creaks and groans just because they have the higher probability that they've been driven hard. But Honda motors love to work hard, and their performance only gets better when they're driven hard (assuming they're well maintained of course).

· Registered
238 Posts
82k has me beat! I've been known to clock around 25k in a year in the past. RSX-S K20 has 178k with Mobil 1 since first oil change in 2001 with no issues. New Civic Si K20 will run Mobil 1 as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.