Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I was just wondering where the best place to go for forged pistons and rods would be for an F22B2. It would be for a turbo application, looking at about 9-12psi, on a motor with roughly 120,000 miles on it. I have not been able to find a whole lot of places that offer them, and I am beginning to think that the pistons and rods are ignored as much as the turbo manifolds are with this engine. By that I mean nobody makes them. Anyway, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Stephen

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
first of all welcome to sho. second check out ross pistons and rods. they are a domestic company theat is now getting into imports. i know ross made some pistons and rods for a 89 civic lx/vtec in one of my honda tunnign mag. check out ross and post back. some one give this man a rep point!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, I appreciate the welcome and the info. I went to their site and found that they make universal honda four cylinder piston sets. Here is what I copied off their site:

HONDA: ALL FOUR CYLINDER

PART # DESIGN RACER NET
63-11 FLAT TOP 423.93
63-21 DOME TOP 460.59
63-32 REVERSE DOME 460.59

How can they make a universal piston, I don't quite understand how that works. Do they just make them for all of the motors but only for specific orders? This was found under "custom" pistons section.

Stephen

·
Registered
293 Posts
Most trustworthy places will have a tech number that you can call and explain you set up and expectations. After you let them know, they can most likely get you going in the right direction with what you need. I don't quite understand the universal deal either, thats why I would call.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, I will look for the number. I still have a while to go before I can get/will need to get these, so I have plenty of time to look. If anyone has anything they could add it would be great, I like to have a lot of peoples opinions on things I don't know too much about.

Thanks again,
Stephen

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I emailed the people on that site and they wrote me back and told me this:

Check the online JE, Wiseco and other catalogues. I don't think
anyone makes pistons that fit your motor. If you have the specs on the
pistons you need, some sort of a prelude piston MIGHT work. But I need
to see comp height on your stock pistons, and bore size. Pin size too

Does anyone know those specs off hand? I am sure I can find it but if somoene knows then it would just save me time. I appreciate all the info everyone has given me.

Stephen

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
U guys will soon realize that we are the black sheep of the honda family and they dont make shit for our cars! I got wiseco pistons which i had to wait 4ever but i love them and they held up great even at 19 psi!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
95accordLX do you happen to know the specs on the pistons? Also, about how much did it all cost...pistons and rods together.

Thanks
Stephen

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Boosted96CD6 said:
95accordLX do you happen to know the specs on the pistons? Also, about how much did it all cost...pistons and rods together.

Thanks
Stephen
I dont know the exact specs cuz my mechanic ordered them. I do know that the compression stayed the same tho cuz our compression is already low at 8.8:1. I didnt get rods because u really dont need them until upwards of 300HP or unless u wanna rev real high. The pistons and rings cost me $550.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info guys. I was looking at the Wiseco site and I didn't see anything mentioning parts for any type of Accord. Is it something you have to email them about specifically?

Hobie, what kind of rods do you have? Also, did you build your motor for a turbo application or are you running all motor? Not that it really matters, I am just curious.

Thanks again everyone,
Stephen

1 - 16 of 16 Posts