Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my first post here, but I definitely hope someone can help me out. So, my stock exhaust header has (at least) 2 cracks in it. I ordered some random header off eBay and when I took it to the shop to get it put in, they said that it wouldn't fit, and that the only kind of header that would fit is a direct fit, or basically one ordered straight from a dealership or what not.

anyone know whats with that? i didnt really want to put another cast iron header back in, but is that my only option?

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
doesnt sound right.. i bought a cheap megan racing header off ebay and it fits fine.Only thing is, if you have the dx exhaust, the header will bolt directly up to it, and you wont have a cat. Which would cause a CEL.. So that may be why they couldnt put it on also.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
ATISTANG said:
Physicaly it will fit but the shop can't do it for you if bolting it on means doing away with the cat, they can get fined big time if they do.
if they don't give you a receipt.....like tint shops when they do illegal tint. it will be fine. cause they couldn't prove their work.....neither could you prove they did it.

but thats illegal.

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
98civcEK said:
if they don't give you a receipt.....like tint shops when they do illegal tint. it will be fine. cause they couldn't prove their work.....neither could you prove they did it.

but thats illegal.
If your shop does that then they are crazy, around here they will laugh at you if you ask them to do anything that involves removing the cat and not replacing it, but you can take it off yourself and then have them make you an exhaust. Disabling emmisions carries a much heftier fine then tinting windows to dark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.