Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wondering there is a difference in a name brand cai (aem injen ect) than a knockoff i mean i know you get what you pay for in exhaust and other parts but what would make one cai different from another

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya my freind has a celica gt-s and he got a knock off intake off of ebay it sounds great it takes awhile for his computer to learn to get the better gains but it is very loud when you hit 6grandand up

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Ask yourself this....

Would I rather buy a product thats been engineered,dyno-tested, and designed for my car or would I buy a galvanized painted pipe with a shiny new filter on it?

You get what you pay for, as the wise 1greyteg would say:)

A lot of time is put inorder to design an intake...the calculations of the pipe diameter,materials,construction, and testing play a role in whether the intake is a power making mod.

This is where the "Great One's" articles can come into play:
http://www.h o n da v i s i o n.com/showthread.php?threadid=3956
*no spaces in h ondaV ision
Read the link first and than decide on what makes an inatake...AN INTAKE

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
JAYMAN320 said:
Ask yourself this....

Would I rather buy a product thats been engineered,dyno-tested, and designed for my car or would I buy a galvanized painted pipe with a shiny new filter on it?

You get what you pay for, as the wise 1greyteg would say:)

A lot of time is put inorder to design an intake...the calculations of the pipe diameter,materials,construction, and testing play a role in whether the intake is a power making mod.

very well put. i'm not even thinking about putting that cheap crap on my car. if i wanted to save money, i'd build things myself.. but then, i'd probably get all neurotic about it, and spend all kinds of time and cash perfecting the thing, and then i'd spend way more than just buying the AEM. oh well.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i would never buy an aem there prices are outrageous i would get a injen cai injen was a part of aem and branched off its the same intake for about $100 cheaper thats what im talking about when i say your paying for a name

·
Registered
14,616 Posts
preludewes said:
i would never buy an aem there prices are outrageous i would get a injen cai injen was a part of aem and branched off its the same intake for about $100 cheaper thats what im talking about when i say your paying for a name
if i get this right, injen stamps out all their intakes from the same 3" piping. AEM on the other hand puts research into what diameter piping will actually give you more power across a useable powerband.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts