Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yo just got the jdm one piece headlamps for my 4th gen.
but the low beams are the wrong bulb. and I cant just change the bulbs cause he prongs are specific. high beam and corner are fine, just the low's are wrong. is the easiest way to fix to buy like a conversion from car parts. anyone have this problem or any advice.
peace

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
They use H4 bulbs....you'll have to get a socket from Honda...and sodder ur own wires....ur u can pick up a set on ebay...search for harness..it should be 29.99 for a pair

·
Registered
254 Posts
dude i had the same prob, only thing it was the opposite way around, i actually have ajdm lude with one piece lamps, and i bought american two piece, and the light connections were different, what i did was cut the wires about 3 inches away from the connection and spliced the two piece connectors back onto my wireing, so i have a set of the one piece connectors if u wanna buy them. but i'm in the cayman islands, and shippin would be kinda expesive, so if u want i could just mail them to you....if u interested give me ur address...maybe you could hook me up in the future..
dan

·
Registered
254 Posts
i spliced high and low beams, the parking lights are the same. i had to change cuz i hit the car and one of my onepiece's got fucked, so i bought a set of USDM headlights off a friend of mine who crashed his. "JDM", if ur interested try to get ahold of a set of dsm 450's for cheap for me and lemme know if u still want the connectors, u wont pay for them, i'll mail them to u.
i posted that u would have to buy them in the first post, but i read it after and i was like...what the hell...i cant sell those!....but if u can get a set of 450's for me lemme know and i can mail them..i even got a set of low beam hyper whites i can send too..i have no use for them...and they also have high beam bulbs
dan

my email is [email protected]

·
Registered
388 Posts
RudeLude said:
dude i had the same prob, only thing it was the opposite way around, i actually have ajdm lude with one piece lamps, and i bought american two piece, and the light connections were different, what i did was cut the wires about 3 inches away from the connection and spliced the two piece connectors back onto my wireing, so i have a set of the one piece connectors if u wanna buy them. but i'm in the cayman islands, and shippin would be kinda expesive, so if u want i could just mail them to you....if u interested give me ur address...maybe you could hook me up in the future..
dan
Do you still have your 1 piece headlights?

·
Registered
254 Posts
i only have the left one, the right was smashed, and they cost 400 each where i am, and i got a set of usdm one with corners for 100.its clear with chrome housing. i can send u pics if want, just give me ur email.
dan

·
Registered
444 Posts
In case anyone is interested... I went to Honda here in Japan and the one piece 4g headlamps cost about $350 (US Dollars) for both, including all screws, bits, nuggets, mounts, bulbs, wires and all. New.
I'm going to get mine from a yard if I can find them in good shape, but for all the mounting bits and bulbs $350 is a pretty nice deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts