Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very soon i'm going to buy an 88-91 Honda CRX, and swap a b18c1 into it, and one place said it would cost $5200 for the tranny, motor, ecu, and installation I was just wondering if this is a good price, and also, what kind of performance numbers would I be looking at with the gsr motor in it

· Registered
2,120 Posts
here in daygo i could probly get it done for like around 3500...i guess it depends on where you are located and what shop does the swap. expect to do around a mid to low 14 in a stock gsr.

· Registered
188 Posts
Just a thought here...

B16A: 160HP, 111 ft-lbs
B18C: 170-180HP, 127(?) ft-lbs

The B16 swap is about 2-3K less than the GSR, so, use your $$$ to throw in a exhaust, intake, exhaust mani, cams, dyno time, intake mani, machine work, ect. or a FI setup. But, ya, if you have the $$$, the 1.8L VTEC will be a much stronger motor than a B16 in the long run and will yield fast 1/4mile times (guessing high13-low14) and very very fast 1/4's fully built.

· Registered
104 Posts
the b18 swap is going to cost a lot more than sir swap because the engine cost more and b18c1 is has obd1 or obd1 ecu. the b18 would cost more than JDM sir engine. the sir engine and everything you need to swap it in would cost about $1800 to $2000 and you could do it yourself to save money or have someone local(not shop) do it for $300-$500. if you are going all-motor, then nothing replace displacement. go with built b20(crv) block with vtec head.

· Registered
1,428 Posts
CRVtech is only good till 8500rpm.....LSVtec till about 10000 (with a good ECU).......the CRVtec would be cheaper but dont b a bitch and get a B16 head....get a B18C head.....it will kick stronger on the vtec......but if you live in california good luck on the smog....i would recommend getting an LS...you can find them for 450 (complete) and you can mod the fuck outta it for the money you are looking at......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.