Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay Well im new just to let you know. I just bought a 94 Del Sol it came with a JDM D15B. My question is how much power and relibiltiy can i expect from this motor. Right now my goal is a little broad i just want to beable to stay up with my best friends Mustang! To give you a insite he has a 90 LX with a 302 cam,heads,headers,full intake,and pistons he runs a 8.6 in the 1/8 could i possibly get to that goal with this engine. And i would rather go SuperCharger then turbo so i get some torque! any help is welcome!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
wow. your friends fox sounds like a beast lol

but yeah, it's possible. stock, the jdm d15b makes 130hp. you wont be beating your friends car without going turbo, im not sure about supercharger. maybe. you'd need to build it from the bottom up to make that kind of power. not cheap.

as far as reliability, that depends on the maintainence you do and the care you take and the way you drive it. long as you get a good tune after building it and dont rag on it 24/7 itll last awhile.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that stang is a beast the thing is he has 2.73's in his rear end so he has a ungodly topspeed but thanks who makes internals for the D15? And would it be better just go b series the only reason i don't want to go to b series is because i thought it might be a little costly.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
Gamble88 said:
Yeah that stang is a beast the thing is he has 2.73's in his rear end so he has a ungodly topspeed but thanks who makes internals for the D15? And would it be better just go b series the only reason i don't want to go to b series is because i thought it might be a little costly.
idk who makes ints for the d15. search around. going b series is expensive, but turbo a b and you might be able to take that fox. and yes, its expensive. getting good power out of hondas is not cheap.

dont you mean 3.73 gears?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot i will do! No he has 2.73's its the stock gears he would be faster if he geared it lower but he hasn't yet. Well thanks for the help i guess i will start looking!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.