Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,840 Posts
I know that the civic type r lip will not fit the coupe b/c it is made for h/b. But it is only one piece and the muffler does not touch the lip, which is what I thought before I purchased mine. You can also get a replica for the coupe from speed options dot com.

· Registered
1,226 Posts
if i knew how bad people wanted these, i wouldve sold mine for more money when i did..mine was up for sale on here mad long ago, the reason i sold it: it follows the exact same contours as the stock rear bumper and you basically cant even tell its there unless your grilling it-

· Registered
1,226 Posts
i have an apex'i n1 cat-back exhaust, the tip of the exhaust is practically touching the bumper, and yet the oem rear lip still fit between the tip of the exhaust and the bumper itself :rolleyes: it fits absolutely flush with the stock bumper and it lowers it whatever the thickness of the urethane itself actually is (1/8 inch at most?!) this oem rear lip is ONLY worth it if youre interested in being able to say "i have the full oem si lip kit"..the appearance of the rear bumper is so unchanged by the addition of this lip that i originally went through the trouble of buying one and having it shipped so i could put it on the car, and did not hold on to it for 2 days before i put it back up for sale here on SHO/ebay after i saw how unnoticeable it is on the car- you can definetly find a better way to spend $200 bucks :cool:

· Registered
344 Posts
myflysi said:
i have an apex'i n1 cat-back exhaust, the tip of the exhaust is practically touching the bumper, and yet the oem rear lip still fit between the tip of the exhaust and the bumper itself :rolleyes: it fits absolutely flush with the stock bumper and it lowers it whatever the thickness of the urethane itself actually is (1/8 inch at most?!) this oem rear lip is ONLY worth it if youre interested in being able to say "i have the full oem si lip kit"..the appearance of the rear bumper is so unchanged by the addition of this lip that i originally went through the trouble of buying one and having it shipped so i could put it on the car, and did not hold on to it for 2 days before i put it back up for sale here on SHO/ebay after i saw how unnoticeable it is on the car- you can definetly find a better way to spend $200 bucks :cool:
That is exactly why I didn't get it. It doesn't lower the rear like the front lip does. I have seen Si's with it and u can barely tell the difference. My salesman at the Honda dealer never even offered this piece to me. I only found out about it from a picture in a magzine, lol. I might have been dumb enough to buy it then, but the salesman didn't offer it, so he lost some commission.

· Registered
362 Posts
what most of you guys are sayin is true but to me i think it completes everything. i got mine pretty cheap, $90 and then painted it for 70. i got the rubber replica rear lip cuz it looks the same and the stock and much cheaper. i'll post some pics whenever i find time.

peace,
pistolpete

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.