Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once joined hondatech.com when I had a problem with the car I was trying to figure out... Then when I asked this question about 4 times I never got an answer.. Well, I did one time. But they told me about the 83 model or something....

Basically I've always just wondered how much hp and what the weight of the 1989 Accord SEi is.... It was my first car (my family has had it since it was brand new with basically new miles) and served me really freaking well. I've enjoyed it lots. But never been able to find any of that info on it. I did search the forum and the only thread I found with the name in it was a guy saying he got an 89 as well (which really freaked me out because it's the same color... So it's like looking at my car... except it had different wheels).

·
Registered
772 Posts
same motor as the lxi hp ratings 120hp weight i forgot weights a little more then the lxi due to extra stuff special things should be 100lbs more then the lxi thats about it. SE-i are rare to come by now a days they last forever if taken care of

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kevinthefawker said:
same motor as the lxi hp ratings 120hp weight i forgot weights a little more then the lxi due to extra stuff special things should be 100lbs more then the lxi thats about it. SE-i are rare to come by now a days they last forever if taken care of
Ahh. Don't really know what the LXI weighs. Actually I think I found the HP rating before because I seem to remember seeing that.

Yes... Last forever if taken care of... Mine is around 180,000 miles. Never gave me a single problem in the past 3 years. Er... w ell.. Maybe a few. Thermostat got froze shut one winter, passenger side window motor messed up.... And then for a brief while I had an overheating problem. Got rid of the radiator in it when it cracked a bit once while overheating a bit... So no problems other than those, heh.

·
Registered
772 Posts
i myself had an 87 accord lx-i mint with 290k miles but sold it to buy an 88 accord lx even better only had 90k miles i still drive it and so on so far it has 130kmiles and my current car is a 95 accord got it with 69k miles mint clean.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,367 Posts
look on the sticker on the door, it should give you the Gross Weight. figure about 500lbs worth of passengers and i think it's 100lbs luggage (don't quote me on that). subtract that from the number printed on the sticker, and you should be pretty close to the curb weight of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts