Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they universal? b/c i was lookin them up on a website and they all had the same product number. I have the ZC SOHC non-vtec and i was just wondering b4 i spent $180 on it. thanks

from the pix on the website it seems as if it would work with mine but im not very sure and i dont wanna have the hassle of sendin something back.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
klungemonger said:
I suggest researching other parts to spend your $180 bucks on that might do something more noticeable for your performance. You could put a VTEC head on for that price.
or get a tranny swap :: 5th gen ex/si - or - 6th gen ex trannies.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
domscivic said:
haha you are really tryin to get your stuff sold arent you
yes i am. :)

but i didn't include a shamless plug in there... just including something else to klungemongers post....

buuuuuuuuuuuut i do have a 6th gen ex tranny for sale :ninja

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The transmission i have now has short gears and its good for the drag strip...tops out at like 145 so its pretty much the one i want...and the reason for getting FPR is b/c im buying all i can for it so i can get it ready for boost...at least 6 lbs daily driven and 10 lbs at the track...its a work in progress but its one step at a time. :number1

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
They are OK, don't get me wrong there is a use for them but it's not goign to be the lynchpin to your fuel system...if you plan a real turbo setup you will use big injectors and have a couple chips with your programs on them for those injectors. One for your street use, one for the strip, unless you go with much more complex & expensive electronic boost management. The AEM is adjustable but not boost sensitive, which is OK because I don't care for the rising-rate boost FMUs that use stock injectors. I just think it's a lot of money for such a small and simple part.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
o yea it is alotta money 4 a small part that probably cost them about $2 to make if that...but you know how upgrading is...if u got tha money you wanna do what you can...im just doin it in a kinda wierd order...but i ordered it anyway so if it dont work itll be for sale for pretty cheap...so what about the fuel rail...does anyone know if mine is interchangeable with another honda engine? ive looked and looked but i cant find a reliable answer...once again i have a SOHC ZC 1.6 Blacktop that came out of an Integra but i dont know what year it came out of...i looked on the block and it says 91 but i just cant find anymore information about that. if anyone could use some pix to help me out let me know i will get them in 1024x768 so you can see them very very good. thanks for the help. :number1

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
klungemonger said:
Yeah get some pics particularly in the manifold area or wherever you plan to replace something, it might tell what stuff can or can't fit. Especially the fuel rail, different generations had some different bolt patterns although injector spacing should be common.
ok u gotta send me ur email address so i can send u pix, thnks for the help!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok nvm on the stuff about the AEM FPR...i bought it know all i need to know which leads me to buy an AEM fuel rail to which im ordering friday. and also i have the ZC engine which i found out is pretty much the same as a D16A6. so thats what engine im buyin parts for. *EDIT* I found the stamp of the year model on my car and it has 91 on it. And the serial # starts with a 5 so that means it came outta and integra but the civic parts will work from what ive read. Note: the civics serial #'s start with a 2 not a 5.

ok 3 quick questions...
1. What car did my transmission come out of?...on the barcode it says CL5. i can get more info off of the barcode if needed. o the reason i ask is b/c i read that the ZC can bolt up to many transmissions....y do i ask...stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel.

2. What size injecters would be ideal for my application? if thats a stoopid question just tell me which ones are bigger than stock and will fit.

3. headers...my friend is goin turbo and he is sellin me his OBX headers from ebay for $20...yea they are cheap but its an upgrade that i dont mind goin for until i boost mine. he has the D16y8 i think...his car is a 98 EX coupe...i have measured the bolt patterns and they match up prefectly...the only difference is that his headers are 4-2-1 and my stock ones are 4-1...if it dont bolt up ill take it to a shop to get my exhaust chopped and a new flange welded in place so itll work. 2 1/2'' piping baby lol...

ok thanks alot guys u have been lots of help...o yea dont buy a gator grip they suck...thats another story...

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
kinda interested i have the same motor that u do and ive gotten up to like 105mph, so is it easy to get it up to like say 120mph??i got a 90 4door with the old tranny that was stock to my car. yes when you order parts just say u have a 90 or 91 civic si d16a6, seems to work for me when dealing with parts places, its just the jdm version of the si motor, if im wrong, someone will correct me, but its what ive been told, ive had mine in for like 2 weeks and i love it...my gears seem kinda long so maybe thats why its harder for me to get that fast at top speed!?! IIsaintII what do u think since u have the tranny???lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
90lxcivicnocat said:
kinda interested i have the same motor that u do and ive gotten up to like 105mph, so is it easy to get it up to like say 120mph??i got a 90 4door with the old tranny that was stock to my car. yes when you order parts just say u have a 90 or 91 civic si d16a6, seems to work for me when dealing with parts places, its just the jdm version of the si motor, if im wrong, someone will correct me, but its what ive been told, ive had mine in for like 2 weeks and i love it...my gears seem kinda long so maybe thats why its harder for me to get that fast at top speed!?! IIsaintII what do u think since u have the tranny???lol
lets jump off of topic real quick. ok, about the top speed in my car. in febuary i got pulled over for racing at 120 mph. the cop clocked me when i was about to go down a long but not very steep hill. i know speedometers are not accurate at high rates of speed but...bye the time i got to the bottom of the hill i was doin 135 with the tach reading about 5600 rpm with the shift light on blinding the shit outta me. But here is the wierd part...at 118ish the car bogged down like hell...so i let off of the gas then hit it again and all of a sudden it just kept on goin right up to 135ish! i know its wierd and i know their is gonna be someone thats not gonna believe me...if you dont believe me i dont wanna argue about it plz and thank you. i dunno what transmission i have but if you will look at the barcode near the engine code there will be 3 characters...mine reads CL5...what does yours say?

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
.my gears seem kinda long so maybe thats why its harder for me to get that fast at top speed!?! IIsaintII what do u think since u have the tranny???lol
honestly? i don't know much about the earlier d-series trannies, but there's a "stamp" on them in big black letters denoting what they are. 96-00 civic ex trannies had K4F on them, and that's how you know what it is. i believe the barcode had K4F in it as well, in the middle iirc. just google it with tranny, you're bound to find something about it i'm sure.

as for the top speed question, yes, long gears will prohibit you from getting up to speed faster, but longer ending gears will let you cruise at lower rpms, the idea is to get a good mix of short/long gears to be able to get up to speed, and to be able to still have lower rpms at highway speeds for better gas mileage (or higher topend).

aside from that, you should buy my tranny i have for sale, and convert your car to hydro. that will solve all your problems :ninja

links:
http://www.knology.net/~jediklc/gearratiosdseries.htm
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19200

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
klungemonger said:
Shameless, simply shameless!!! :lmao
i know, we really need a rimshot smiley or something...

ba-da-dum... ching!

::edit::

well i'll be damned...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
topshift said:
ok nvm on the stuff about the AEM FPR...i bought it know all i need to know which leads me to buy an AEM fuel rail to which im ordering friday. and also i have the ZC engine which i found out is pretty much the same as a D16A6. so thats what engine im buyin parts for. *EDIT* I found the stamp of the year model on my car and it has 91 on it. And the serial # starts with a 5 so that means it came outta and integra but the civic parts will work from what ive read. Note: the civics serial #'s start with a 2 not a 5.

ok 3 quick questions...
1. What car did my transmission come out of?...on the barcode it says CL5. i can get more info off of the barcode if needed. o the reason i ask is b/c i read that the ZC can bolt up to many transmissions....y do i ask...stage 2 clutch and lightweight flywheel.

2. What size injecters would be ideal for my application? if thats a stoopid question just tell me which ones are bigger than stock and will fit.

3. headers...my friend is goin turbo and he is sellin me his OBX headers from ebay for $20...yea they are cheap but its an upgrade that i dont mind goin for until i boost mine. he has the D16y8 i think...his car is a 98 EX coupe...i have measured the bolt patterns and they match up prefectly...the only difference is that his headers are 4-2-1 and my stock ones are 4-1...if it dont bolt up ill take it to a shop to get my exhaust chopped and a new flange welded in place so itll work. 2 1/2'' piping baby lol...

ok thanks alot guys u have been lots of help...o yea dont buy a gator grip they suck...thats another story...
ok im sorry for inturupting but could we get back to my questions...i really need to know the answers and im sorry for bringin it up like this but i gotta learn somehow...thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.