Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question? I went to a recent car show and was looking at a gsr hybrid. On the engine block it says b18c1, but in my gsr block it says b18c. What is the differents between having a 1. What does 1 stand for? Sorry for a silly question?:confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
you have the jdm engine. US spec gsr engines are stamped "b18c1" and have 170hp while the jdm is stamped "b18c" with 180hp and higher compression ratio. i'll soon be doing the jdm swap.

·
Registered
147 Posts
b18c1 - 10.2:1 - 170 hp usdm
b18c - 10.6:1 - 178 hp jdm.....ive got some jdm pistons and rods for sale out of this motor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
if yours says b18c and no number it is jdm. just wondering were you got it and did the place say it was usdm or jdm.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the answers, My engine is jdm but when I talk to the guy with the b18c1, he said it is a jdm to. That is why I am asking the question?:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
sorry but that guy didn't know what he was talking about. if there is a number after the code it isn't usdm, ex. h22a, b16a, and b18c. i have a b18c1 and it is usdm. i think someone replied and said they had some jdm internals, do you have the cams, if so email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
147 Posts
nothing else but the rods and pistons..theyre .4 higher compression...not much but..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ive heard that older gsr motors 94-95 respond better to mods than newer ones, I think it was because of different ECUs. Is this true for the jspec models?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts