Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a 92 hatch with a b16, Im going ot be getting a p30ecu and want to get it chipped but the question is Where do i set my Vtec engagement? some say i should put it to stock settings, some say other wise... ive heard engange it from 4400rpms all the way up to 5800 rpms. so here i am posting Asking where is the orig "stock" vtec engage and what would u recommend :) Ne info helps thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
what other mods do you have or plan on doing?
i vote for leaving it at the stock rpm for a b16 which is 5500 i belive.

Reactions: Liquid_Snk

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Before you get it chipped...what other mods do you have? What program do you plan putting in it?

Running one of those premade chips won't do you much good at all...you need to get your car tuned...running a tune for another car will just give you shitty gas mileage.

And...to answer your question...leave it stock...5500

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
P30 : 92-95 OBD-1 DelSol DOHC Vtec Si/EG SiR

This computer is already programed to run VTEC. Why do you want to chip it? :confused VTEC engagement with the P30 should be somewhere between 5500 and 5800 rpm. I would suggest leaving it as it is. Stock VTEC engagement is 5800 on a OBD-2 2000 B16a2 with a P2T ECU. Too early and you would be running VTEC all the time during regular driving which can prove to be to much stress on your motor. And any later you might as well forget about reaching VTEC when you want it. Stock is perfect!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oh, the chip i was lookin at was a spoon chip, would have single stage vtec engage at 5000rpm,, had the adv timing, and upgrade air/fuel ratio. already. rev limiter is like 9600, but the b16 relines at what 8200?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
I was getting at the fact that you don't want ANY of those chips in your car.

Every car is different and you need YOUR car to be tuned. You can't just use someone else's tune.

So basically...forget about ECU modifications til you have decent mods like cams or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.