Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at a honda transmssion gearing chart and my question is this.....can i use the 4th, 5th and final drive off of a JDM B16a Y1 transmission and put it into my LS (S1) transmission? or could i use the 92-93 GSR 4th and 5th gear and a 94+ LS final drive (hydraulic, but i dont know if it matters)?

·
Registered
623 Posts
i would use the GSR 4th and 5th...Ls has really long gearing and if u drop in the B16 4th and 5th i think it owuld be point less. 4th gear in a b16 trans is like a LS 3rd gear. It would be like moving up a gear, but really downshifting.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LIKE I SAID I WAS LOOKING AT THE GEARING CHART AND THE GSR FINAL DRIVE AND THE 94+ LS FINAL DRIVE ARE THE EXACT SAME (4.299) VS MY 4.400......SOME OF THE B16 GEARS ARE THE EXACT SAME AS THE GSR ALSO........

·
Registered
623 Posts
are u mad or somethin...if not turn off ur CAPS lock

mayb they are the same w/ the b17a GSR motor. I was talking abou the 94 and up b18c1 GSR. I think it would be really hard to get a hold of a b17a.

i was just rying to help buddy. My cousin has made a couple hybrid tranies so im just relaying info. I think 1st and 2nd gear in both LS and GSR(94+) are the same. No to sure on 3rd. So if u drop the GSR 4th and 5th it would pretty much be a GSR tranny

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry....i am at work and i have to keep the caps on pretty much all the time.....and i wouldnt buy used tranny parts...thats a no-no......i am thinking about when i rebuild mine (all new parts)........what gearing i want

·
Registered
40 Posts
ATS is around $700 for the 4.9 something. That is a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts