Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to buy a set of black housing ones off of ebay, they come with h1 bulbs i guess, anyone ever had these on their car or know of any on other civics, i had a set of projectors (first ones made back in 2000) ended up selling them because they sucked, couldn't see shit on the road at night with them. With the tyc's, is there 4 h1 bulbs or just 2? and is the high beam and low beam the same type of bulb... thanks

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I suggest doing a search, this has been covered before.

In general, I've only heard bad stuff about aftermarket projectors, IE crappy output, horrible beam patterns, fogging and poor fitment, IMO, I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I bought a set about a year ago and had nothing but problems. They leaked and you had to take the headlights off the car to adjust the beams, they were crap. I would suggest not getting them. I ended up just tossing them away. Probably could have sold them but I wouldn't feel right about selling someone garbage. Ended up going back to black housing's again.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
mine dont leak, but i dont suggest projectors to anyone, but people have mixed feelings about them. but evreyone w/ the tyc ones seem pretty content

1 - 4 of 4 Posts