Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would i benefit from a set of the pulleys if i installed all but the altinator(sp) pulley. i like loud music and i am in stand still traffic alot so i cant be underdriving my altinator and listening loud at idle at the same time. if its not worth it then please let me know, also, does the pulleys affect the warranty of the car at all? i still cant afford the s/c and i NEED a little more go.

·
Registered
19 Posts
.::BlownsiX::. said:
would i benefit from a set of the pulleys if i installed all but the altinator(sp) pulley. i like loud music and i am in stand still traffic alot so i cant be underdriving my altinator and listening loud at idle at the same time. if its not worth it then please let me know, also, does the pulleys affect the warranty of the car at all? i still cant afford the s/c and i NEED a little more go.

I have a 1000+ watt soundsystem AND I have all the pullies installed AND I'm in traffic alot AND nothing ever happens to my battery/alt. To answer your question though.... MOST of the power comes from the crank pulley so IMO its still worth it.. just not as much so as it would have been if you installed all 3 pullies.

·
Registered
195 Posts
any problems with the pulleys since the installation? im really planning to get these soon so i wanna make sure they wont kill my alternator or have any other problems.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Akord02 said:
any problems with the pulleys since the installation? im really planning to get these soon so i wanna make sure they wont kill my alternator or have any other problems.
yes yes, have any problems presented themselves with the UR pulleys yet, i may get the entire set after hearing this.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Some people have had problems w/ the AEM set, but AEM blames that on the installation...but then again there are people that have had them professionally installed and still had alternators die.

So far nobody has had problems w/ the UR set, but they've only been out for a few months and it takes the AEM set longer than that to kill the alternator in most cases...so who knows.

W/ that said, who wants to buy my AEM pullies so I can get the UR set?:p Cheeeeap, reeeeel cheap.;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
there is no alternator underdrive pulley for the UR set- only AEM.

I've had mine since they came out- in fact- they've been in for about 3 months or so...

they do a good job- search on ************* for my review of them...

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tofu_V6o4 said:
I thought it was the other way around? :confused:
the UR kit does have an underdrive alternator pulley, but it underdrives FAR less than the AEM one.

So to answer this question. BOTH the AEM and UR have underdrive alternator pulleys.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Tofu_V6o4 said:
I thought it was the other way around? :confused:
oh my god i'm such a dumbass.............

what i meant to say was what Frank said...my bad...

I think the AEM underdrives a whole lot more than the UR. The UR have a crank pulley that is lightened which is where they claim they get the increase...and please if you want to bring up the harmonic balance issue- please see long as* post by EricL on a-cl and you'll know what's up about tat...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts