Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, my friend is putting a 98 d16y7 into his 93 cx. he's putting the cx distributor and starter on the y7, becuase its missing them. alright, where do we start with the re-wiring? i have no idea where to even begin. he'll be using a 96-98 y7 ecu, so he'll need to convert the car to obd2. i know that the distributor will need to be rewired, but i don't even how to do that (i know how to repin, i just don't know which wires go where). i'm guessing the y7 has more sensors than the cx engine. which ones will need to be added? what about the ecu plugs? for the wiring that's already there, is it as simple as matching the cx wires to the wires on the y7 ecu plugs by color? or are the colors different? what about o2 sensors? does the y7 have more than the cx? are they different styles (4 wire vs 5 or something?). i really need to know this stuff, my friend's starting on it tomorrow morning. thanks for any help in advance.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.