Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only 2 out of the 4 speakers in my 00 Gsr are working properly. The front left and right rear only the tweeters work on them 2. So theres a connection going to them but there is no bass just the high pitch tweeter sound. The other 2 speakers are working fine they both have bass and sound at the same time. I checked the wiring from the head unit and all match up. Checked all fuses and all are good. The right rear one's bass will kick in sometimes. Any Idea as to why they might not be working right? I have alpine Type-S 6-1/2" Coaxial 2-Way Speaker.

Note: All speakers did work at one point. I checked by using the balance and fade and all speakers cooperated the same.

These are the speakes I have in my car. (withouth the plastic cage surrounding it) Alpine: SPS-17C2

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
check connection on back of head unit, and check for lose wiring in the back of the speakers. Other than that, if all is good, you might have fried a coil or something, but for BOTH to go out, it sounds like a mid-low problem in the head unit?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts