Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am going to get my 95 civic ex after school, and I cant wait. I already got some old rimz sitting around. Its all black and power everything. But I am wondering wut color to do, white or something else. I am just gonna leave it pretty clean looking, with a cf hood and black rims with a polished lip. any ideas on any different colors? thx guys.
~Jay~

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
What's wrong with the color it is now?:confused:
paint might be pealing away or just faded. or maybe he just wants something new...

honestly, if the paint is in good shape, i'd say spend that money on a suspension setup...

but if you ARE set on a paintjob, i'd go with championship white. CW with a CF hood and gunmetal rims and a drop looks rad as hell...

ghost

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
97_civic_vtec said:
I've always love the is300 charcoal color, I think that would look nice
i agree, btw, nice sig ;) voltron owns...

another bad ass paintjob that's really not well known is that deep purple that some of the 96-98 hatches came in...

ghost

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thx

Ya thanks for all the feedback guys. My friend wants me to cut the springs but I'm not gonna. My friend owns a bodyshop out here, and he will paint it with me for like 1500, and thats paint and everything included. Also, stripping everything (engine bay, seats, trunk) and painting it all. I kinda like the white color with nice gunmetal or black rims with a polished lip. That charcoal color? I searched but cant find it, is it kinda like a gunmetal color? Thanks for the feedback. Lata guyz.

·
Registered
614 Posts
i cant stant white with the CF hood.. man that is so played out its not even funny. Just stick with ur color and save the money. Paint it a charcoal like said before.. that will look nice. Also i like the all black look as well.. tinted windows... black housed headlights and rear lights.. HMM SEXXYYY!!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
the fucking WORDS "played out" being USED together are

PLAYED OUT!!!

i'm SO sick of people saying that!!! it's frustrating as all hell!!!

if someone likes something, IT'S THEIR OPINION!!! there's no reference book as to what's "played out". :eek:

anyways, back to the topic...

NEVER cut your springs. that's the cheapest, and worst say to drop a car. your ride quality will be HORRIBLE, and your struts will pay the price. just shell out for some lowering springs or coilovers ;)
you'll be MUCH happier.

as for the "charcoal" color...(hard to find some good pics to show off the color, it's kind of like a DEEP gunmetal)

ghost

·
Registered
614 Posts
and i am giving MY opinion as well. So deal with it man! LOL shit calm ur ass down. And as for me using "played out" Fine let me use some other words to convey my OPINION!! Overly Seen and Done to a point where a person becomes desensitized!!! ur classic dude

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Sev_civic said:
ur classic dude
i am one of a kind thank you ;)

yeah, my apologies for the outburst, but i just get so sick of seeing those two words used together...

ghost

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
i think a dark charcoal or gunmetal or just a new black paint job would be nice IMO, but white will be nice too with the gunmetal rims and the polished lip, good choice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Name of that color is is300 graphite grey pearl and i think if he paints it, to paint it the electron blue pearl....ebp and cf hood :drool:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thx

Thanks for the ideas guys, and thanks for the pics ghost. Nice color, I think that will look nice too. Well, I can get a pair of skunk2 lowering springs for cheap cheap. Maybe I will build the suspension first and paint it later. After all, looks isn't everything to me :) Later all

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
I know what color your talking about. Someone in the si forum painted their car this gun metal color. I would however take the 1500 and turbo the little slut.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Re: thx

Jaromeo707 said:
Thanks for the ideas guys, and thanks for the pics ghost. Nice color, I think that will look nice too. Well, I can get a pair of skunk2 lowering springs for cheap cheap. Maybe I will build the suspension first and paint it later. After all, looks isn't everything to me :) Later all
my advice, to EVERYONE who starts out with an import is simple...

first things first, rims and a drop ;)
seriously, upgraded suspension and some nice racing rims are always the first thing i advise. they add SOOOO much to the car.

but yeah, if your paint job is fine (and you just want a new color?) wait on that 'til you're done with suspension and motor upgrades ;)
that's just my $0.02 though ;)
but yeah, like johnnyboy said. i'd either use that $1500 towards rims and a drop:

$250 (skunk2 coilovers)
$175 (skunk2 camber kit)
$550 or so depends (koni yellow adjustable struts)
$350 or so depends (Si rims/GSR Rims, for the time being, until you can get some bad ass Volks or something)

or a custom turbo kit ;)

ghost

·
Registered
372 Posts
95 ex... represent...:D

cars cost a lot of money to own... and even more to fix up

hope u know what ur getting urself into.

:p

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cars cost a lot of money to own... and even more to fix up
Oh ya I know man. I am learning more and more about them, and I have a couple friends that will help me out. My buddy owns a body shop and a huge garage and knows alot about cars. And I have another one that lives right down the street with a big garage that is going to a technical college for automotive repair. He's the one that got me liking them so much ever since I saw his turboed dx. He did everything to that car himself and its beautiful. Well, anyways, I know that an 8 year old car is gonna have some problems, but I think in the long run it's definetly worth it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts